Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visibility parameters in a site family

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
342 Views, 3 Replies

Visibility parameters in a site family

Hello,

I am trying to create a site family which would behave like a grid-line. The point is for the element to be seen when cut straight but unseen when cut in an angle. Basically, the family is composed of two lines, one horizontal for the plan and one vertical for the cut.

famille.png

For example, you can see in the following screenshots two elements from this family in a plan and in a cut. The top one is cut straight and should be seen in the cut but the bottom one has an angle and should not be seen in the cut. Currently, as you can see in the second screenshot, both are visible in the cut.

ploan.png

coupe.png

My problem is that i don't seem to find a way to do it in the visibility parameters of the family. Is there another way to do it?

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Anonymous

Maybe Revit is showing in every view what needs to be shown. If you want to hide one line in one view but see it in another view, assign each of the two lines in the family to its own custom subcategory, such as "Horizontal" and "Vertical". Then, using VG, turn on or off subcategories as needed.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 4
ToanDN

Change the horizontal line to a symbolic line.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

I tried converting the lines to symbolic lines and it worked

Thank you very much

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators