Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visibility and Tagging ofNested Families

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Shaiki_
202 Views, 2 Replies

Visibility and Tagging ofNested Families

If this has been answered elsewhere please point me to where. Family in question is attached.

I have a Structural Connection family (shared) nested into a Structural Stiffener family. I would like to be able to tag the SC, but the fact that is loaded into a SS family seems to override that it is a structural connection, and it only allows me to tag the stiffener. What am I doing wrong?

Also, it would be nice if the category visibility applied to the components of the nested families - ie if structural stiffeners are turned off, the nested structural connection stays visible. Is this possible?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Shaiki_

Have you tried to use the TAB key to reach the element?

Message 3 of 3
Shaiki_
in reply to: Anonymous

The issue was that adding the main family to my assembly didn't also add the nested family by default - I have to be sure to add them both. So I was trying to tag and make visible an element on an assembly sheet that didn't exist in the assembly 🙂

I got it working now though! I've had smarter days...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report