Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Template

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
2418 Views, 6 Replies

View Template

I'm looking to amend our company templates and I want to review all the current settings. Is there a way to export these to a txt or excel file to compare at once or do I have to do this within Revit? 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
martijn_pater
in reply to: Anonymous

You want to compare vectorial image data? j/k... Seems to me a company Revit template is for a large part graphically, it's not really clear what you would want to compare textually...

Message 3 of 7
Alan.johnson1970

The following is a checklist of possible items that you may want to include in your templates. This list does not include all possible items, but it does represent many of the possible items you can place in your template file:

• Drawing Sheets - include only the most commonly used sheets, such as Cover Page, Schedules, Details, etc.
  • Line Styles - set up standard line styles and remove unnecessary ones.
  • Line Weights - set up standard line weights and remove unnecessary ones.
  • Line Patterns - set up standard line patterns and remove unnecessary ones.
  • Text Styles - set up standard text styles and remove unnecessary ones.
  • Dimension Styles - set up standard dimension styles and remove unnecessary ones.
  • Title Blocks - load standard title block, including addendum.
  • Wall Types - set up standard, and include some generic types for design. You will not need all types, just the most commonly used ones.
  • Roof Types - set up standard.
  • Floor Types - set up standard.
  • Ceiling Types - set up standard.
  • Browser Organization - set how the views and sheets are organized. This is often based on custom parameters.
  • Parameters - determine and add all necessary parameters for objects.
  • Door Families - create and add most commonly used families.
  • Window Families - create and add most commonly used families.
  • Keynotes - pre-set values if your office uses keynote data.
  • Schedule Keys - define necessary schedule keys, such as hardware or finish types.
  • Schedules - create most commonly used schedules, such as doors and windows.
  • Legends - create common legends, such as doors and windows.
  • Export DWG - predefine export settings, if necessary.
  • Import DWG - predefine import settings, if necessary.
  • Cover Page - define cover page content, such as abbreviations, legends, sheet index, etc.
  • Units - set project units.
  • File Locations - define and save file locations for easy browsing and saving.
  • Site Settings - define contour intervals, degrees, etc.
  • View Templates - create standard settings for typical views and save them as view templates.
  • Fill Patterns - create and/or load fill patterns.
  • Materials - set up common materials.
  • Object Styles - add additional object styles and refine the rest.
  • Phases - include if necessary. You may want to include them in a special template.
  • Levels - create default levels in elevation views.
  • Colour Fill Schemes - create default colour fill schemes, if any.
  • Filters - predefine filters, such as fire-rating display.
  • View Tags - include callouts, elevations, and sections.
  • Arrowheads - set up as desired.
  • Tags - customize to match standards and load most common tags into template.
  • Temporary Dimensions - define preferred settings.
  • Snaps - define preferred snap settings.
  • Keyboard Shortcuts - set up commonly used keyboard shortcuts and back up the storage file (located by default at C:\Program Files\Revit Architecture 20**\Program\KeyboardShortcuts.txt).
  • Detail Level - set up New View detail level.
  • Annotation Symbols - customize annotation symbols based on standards and load most commonly used ones into template (for example, North Arrow, Spot Elevation, Grid Bubble, Centreline Mark, graphic scale, etc.).
  • Document Level Macros - add them using the Revit API.
  • Structural Settings - set up as desired.
  • Additional Items - add other commonly used families, furniture, columns, entourage, etc.
AJ.
Message 4 of 7
hmunsell

unfortunately, no i don't not believe there is a way to export an excel or TXT file of the View Template settings. if you are familiar with Dynamo, or know someone that is, you may be able to do with a Dynamo script. if you find something id love to know though :-).

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
martijn_pater
in reply to: hmunsell

Ow you meant view templates, it's all in the title I suppose. Personally I'm often tempted to select all of those and... delete.png then start from scratch...

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: martijn_pater

I do love the delete all and start again option. 🙂

Message 7 of 7
hmunsell
in reply to: martijn_pater

Yeah, mine are all made from scratch. I delete all the out-of-the-box ones.

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report