Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Template Database

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
lee.imbimbo86EM4
139 Views, 1 Reply

View Template Database

I'm wondering if anyone has a reference for view template settings.  I realize that this is in many ways a "to each their own" situation, but in particular, I'm wondering if there is a base resource one could reference to get started with some of their templates.  For to record I don't need a tutorial on how to setup view templates, I've done plenty

In particular, I have a residence that I did some lightweight MEP design on, and I'd like to get my plumbing plans looking right, but I'm finding myself spending a lot of time just turning dials and flipping levers, in a guess and check fashion.  I'm wondering if maybe there is a base template I could reference that would in effect say: "use these settings and get a basic Water Supply and Sanitary Plan."

If this doesn't exist, maybe it's something that as a group we could collaborate on and get some published basic view templates setup to help people get started.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Tommy_S
in reply to: lee.imbimbo86EM4

First check the discipline your view/view template is set to; for a plumbing plan set it to plumbing.

This way architecture will be displayed in halftone and your plumbing fixtures and pipes will display according to their object styles. Also all your mep elements will show doesn't matter if they're above or below the cut plane of view range.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators