Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View range mess

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
KristianPocsik
1239 Views, 21 Replies

View range mess

Hello there,

I need help with my view range setup. What I am trying to do is this:

I want to show my basement foundation slabs 

but also

I want to show my 1st level foundation slabs 

on the same floorplan. Is that even possible? Like to combine multiple floorplans?

21 REPLIES 21
Message 3 of 22

Did not help at all.. This is what I need to do...

tripolkO2_0-1675797462402.png

this is my basement level /basement foundation/

tripolkO2_1-1675797522490.png

and this is my 1st floor foundation level

I need to "merge" these two into one floorplan... Do I do that in sheets? or can I do that in one floor plan?

Message 4 of 22

What do you mean by "merge"? They are on different Levels; right?  If so, wouldn't one be directly below other?  And if that is so, wouldn't the correct representation of the one below be in hidden lines - indicating that the below elements are obscured?  

Message 5 of 22

True, but since I study in Slovakia and the standard here is "Merging" the two together it's kinda complicated... 

Where the level changes we usually just add a dashed line with a height to indicate a change. But I think I have a workaround that will work... Thank you for now

Message 6 of 22
ToanDN
in reply to: KristianPocsik

@KristianPocsik wrote:

Did not help at all.. This is what I need to do...

tripolkO2_0-1675797462402.png

this is my basement level /basement foundation/

tripolkO2_1-1675797522490.png

and this is my 1st floor foundation level

I need to "merge" these two into one floorplan... Do I do that in sheets? or can I do that in one floor plan?

Overlaying two views on sheet should be the most simple way to go about this.

If you want them in one view then add a plan region to modify view range locally.

Message 7 of 22
KristianPocsik
in reply to: ToanDN

That is what I did... I put them on top of each other and masked the unwanted areas... thank you

Message 8 of 22

So, what you guys do is overlap both plan views on a sheet; right?  How are the 2 plan view differentiated? Shading? Coloring?  Or does it not matter for your purposes?         

Message 9 of 22

EXPL.png

The red squared represents a place where the foundation in split into 2 levels, the darker reds show the height...

Idk why they do it like this, but since I have to...

Message 10 of 22

Okay, it's clear now.  Pretty common here too.  One View with two different View Ranges via a Plan Region.  

Message 11 of 22

I could have just posted that and we would know... Okay... so plan region it is... Lemme get to work now haha... Thank you again

Message 12 of 22

2 More things....

I need to add dot dashed liens (for walls above) to the foundations... set it in VG and set my original view range. But they are not showing up... 

second. I need to add slabs (spaces infront of windows in basement). But the same. I have set it to display slabs and nothing...

Message 13 of 22

Again, it sounds like something we do with the Hidden Lines tool, which I mentioned at the onset.  

Message 14 of 22

Well, I tried but since I have my walls on another sheet and foundations on another, I can't really do much with the hidden lines tool.

Message 15 of 22

@KristianPocsik wrote:

Well, I tried but since I have my walls on another sheet and foundations on another, I can't really do much with the hidden lines tool.

You can't use the Linework Tool?  

Message 16 of 22

types.png

 I need the orange lines... Porbs could use the detail line tool for that. But no, i can't use the linework tool

Message 17 of 22

Why can't you use LW?  

Message 18 of 22

When I use LW I can't modify the lines that are not there. Since I can't see the walls (they are above), I cant change the Line Type. Again, I have set the range and the VG

Message 19 of 22
ToanDN
in reply to: KristianPocsik

You can have walls as dashed lines and foundation as solid lines within one view:

- set the view range cut plane to cut the wall, above the foundation

- set walls category cut line to dashed line and thinner line weight, turn off walls cut patterns

Message 20 of 22

@KristianPocsik wrote:

When I use LW I can't modify the lines that are not there. Since I can't see the walls (they are above), I cant change the Line Type. Again, I have set the range and the VG

Raise the View Range temporarily, use the LW Tool on those edges, and then return the View Range to original. Bada bing.   

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report