Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodeskโ€™s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Using count in furniture schedules

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
irene_garcia22UG7
175 Views, 1 Reply

Using count in furniture schedules

Hello!

I am working in a refurbishment project where we have to reuse as much as we can from the existing furniture. 
I would like to see how many elements of each type have not been used yet. 
I have set a furniture schedule where I would like to have a row which shows the elements not in use.

This is the process I have followed:
1) Set a new type parameter (Existing) where the number of units can be written manually.

2) Set a new count parameter as it is not possible to use the count parameter in formulas. That parameter has to be formatted into calculate totals (new count)

3) Create a new formula (not in use) = Existing - new count

The formula is not reading the calculated totals, but the unit, so it is only substracting 1 (see image 1). If we calculate totals in the not in use parameter it is not giving the right values either (see image 2)

irene_garcia22UG7_0-1694001190959.png   irene_garcia22UG7_1-1694001299058.png

I hope someone can help me out with this, I have read the forum but cannot find anything that helps!

Have a nice day ๐Ÿ™‚

Labels (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

A very simple way could be to select the items which are existing and set the "Phasing" in the Properties Palette from New Construction to Existing

jay_colcombe_1-1694003095950.png

Then create a quick Furniture Schedule for the New Construction Phase and then you can duplicate it and simply change the Properties Palette > Phase to Existing for this Schedule

jay_colcombe_2-1694004024421.png

When things get added or changed these will update and also you could create a view filter to colour them in plan to differentiate from New/Existing

you can always create a Total too using "Show All"  or "None" in the Phase Filter

jay_colcombe_0-1694003797754.png

jay_colcombe_1-1694003903299.png

If i was going full-on mode i would create a Shared Parameter in the Furniture Family with a Yes/No for existing and create my schedule this way

Jay Colcombe

Autodesk Certified Instructor
Revit Architecture & Structure Certified Professional
AutoCAD Certified Professional
B.Sc. Hons Civil & Structural Engineering

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report