Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useing Google Maps instead of bing in REVIT 2016

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
umaraliarshad
1487 Views, 5 Replies

Useing Google Maps instead of bing in REVIT 2016

My new revit 2016 use Bing maps instead of google maps.All i want to do is to make revit use google maps instead of bing to mark my peoject location ..

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi @umaraliarshad

You can't change the internet mapping service. But don't worry, they work the same way.

Regards

Rodrigo Bezerra

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
RDAOU
in reply to: umaraliarshad

Hello @umaraliarshad

As mentioned No you can't... Autodesk has switched to Bing Internet Mapping since release of Revit 2014..

For the general info...May I ask why Google maps? (Appart from Historic Traffic/Bycicle routs/ and Monthly update of the routes vs bi-weekly with Google) Bing is by far better... 

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: RDAOU

Google Maps is more "up to date"...even looking at my own neighborhood Bing is about 2 years out of date vs Google Map.

Bird's Eye is about 10 years out of date.

Message 5 of 6
umaraliarshad
in reply to: RDAOU

well you might be right ... but i think bing do not hold enough information about places, because some places that can be found by adding simple query in google map, cannot be found in bing..

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: umaraliarshad

Does anyone else have the issue of the map not populating with a satellite image? Unlike the Google-based version of ReVIT 2014 (running on Win 7 ), all I get with Bing and ReVIT 2014 is a grey box instead of a map on Win 10...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report