Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update 2023.1.3 Fails at FormIt Converter

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
dtiemeyer
381 Views, 5 Replies

Update 2023.1.3 Fails at FormIt Converter

When I run the update, it gets to this point. Finding the requested file and clicking OK then causes the following dialog. It cannot be bypassed and clicking Cancel then cancels the entire service pack (not just this plugin that I dont even use).  Following the link in the black dialog box (outside of the below screen cap) just points me to a 'license updater' that did not fix the problem.

dtiemeyer_0-1696519556210.pngdtiemeyer_1-1696519567589.png

My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Thanos603
in reply to: dtiemeyer

MSI prompts during an update occur when one of the files being updated has been previously modified by a program other than Revit.  At this point, the installer needs to compare the current version of the file to expected version to ensure those previous modification are not removed.  Usually it is one of the Revit installation files that cause a prompt for the original RVT.msi file but in this case it is one of the FormIt Converter installation files.

We've had a few reports of unexpected FormIt msi prompts during the installation of Revit updates but have not been able to reproduce this scenario.  It would help our investigation if you could gather your install log files using the following collection tool: https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-Use-the-Log....

Additionally, it would be good to know what other Autodesk products are installed on this system.  It would also be good to know what version of FormIt is currently installed, which can be seen under the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\Revit\2023\Add-Ons\FormIt Converter for Revit 2023.

Tony Michniewicz
Autodesk Delivery Team

Anthony Michniewicz
Principal QA Analyst
Message 3 of 6
dtiemeyer

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for the response. Here is the info you requested:

Hi Anthony, other Autodesk software on the same computer are:
AutoCAD MEP 2023 & Raster Design
Revit 2018-2023
Revit 2023 is presently v 2023.1.1
Navisworks Exporters 2018-2023
Navisworks Manage 2022
ReCap Pro & ReCap Photo 2022

Formit Addon version from Reg Key: 23.0.1.318

Message 4 of 6
dtiemeyer

hi Anthony,

Do you have any suggestions for me?

Also, I attempted to uninstall the FormIt Converter with 3 different MSIEXEC strings, two where were found in:      \\Revit 2023\image\RVT_2023_en-US\manifest\app.RVT.xml    and one which was found in its Registry Listing.   The first two responded with "This action is only valid for products that are currently installed.", the latter just popped up with the dialog to navigate to the .MSI dialog that was in my OP.    Thank you.

Message 5 of 6
Simon_Weel

Had the same problemI managed to remedy the problem for Revit 2024 with the Microsoft Troubleshooter. In my case this listed the offending formit360converter and was able to remove it. After that, update installed fine.

Message 6 of 6
dtiemeyer

Thank you @Simon_Weel , that worked for me too.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report