Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uncut floor and wall edges don't show layers

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
kgatzke
2475 Views, 6 Replies

uncut floor and wall edges don't show layers

Why does Revit 2019 render floor edges like this?

image.png

The edge of the floors (2 families: wood floor family above slab family) is being cut on the right and is exposed on the left.  The wall is being cut on top and the end is exposed on the right.  Why don't I see the layers on the exposed edges like you would if you looked at an actual floor?  Or the materials rendered correctly?  The column bottom left is the same material as the floor but it's not solid gray on any side.  And if there's one layer that's transparent, like a cavity, you can see through it beyond the wall.  Why is that?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ToanDN
in reply to: kgatzke

It has been always like that.  To show the layers of uncut edges you need to create parts from the floors and walls then set the view to Show Parts.

Capture1.PNGCapture.PNG

Message 3 of 7
DamianoDP
in reply to: ToanDN

I have the same issues, i have created the stratigraphy (photo 2), but now i have many different elements. How can i show the layers of a floor and still have one floor, (photo 1) and not many separate layers?1.JPG2.JPG

Message 4 of 7
kgatzke
in reply to: DamianoDP

I'd forgotten about this topic, but as @ToanDN stated, it's always been that way, meaning, they gave it no thought to begin with and moved on after release.

Message 5 of 7
ToanDN
in reply to: DamianoDP

You can remove all layers except one from parts, turn on shape hsndles, and stretch to make that one layer thicker.
Message 6 of 7
jonathanLLK9L
in reply to: kgatzke

There is actually a quicker way to do this:

>Select wall

>Edit wall Type

>Edit Structure

>Click on Preview (Bottom left of window)

>Set view to 'Section: Modify type attributes' (Under the preview window)

>Scroll zoom into the base or top of the wall

>Click 'Modify' in the  'Modify Vertical Structure (Section Preview only)'

>Then select and unlock the base or top lines of each wall layer.

This should show uncut wall layers in plans for each wall type - will save alot of time if you have many walls.

Message 7 of 7
solvdesigns
in reply to: jonathanLLK9L

I have tried that idea of using the structure preview window to unlock the lines at the bottom of the wall. 

Initially, it kept giving me a error when I tried to close out of editing the wall.  I think that was because one of the layers had stayed locked even though I had clicked the padlock.  I got that resolved.

But, I can't see that it made any difference in the way the uncut edges of the wall display.

Any ideas what I might be doing incorrectly?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report