Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two begginer questions

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
a_n_marques120
255 Views, 3 Replies

Two begginer questions

Hi, I've started recently using revit and I have two questions which I couldn't find answers to online.

The first is about how to hide the ceiling lines in the walls. These images illustrate what I mean.

Captura de Ecrã (134).pngCaptura de Ecrã (133).png

The second question has to do with me not understanding why only the vertical walls in a section are greyed out. This is the section:

Captura de Ecrã (132).png

The section cuts through the ceiling and the floor, as shown in the floor plan.Captura de Ecrã (135).png

Thank you so much!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

First question you can use LW abbreviation of line work choose from the subcategory line invisible lines to hide the ceiling lines or floor lines showing up on the facade

Second Q2
Your visual style is set coarse and vv abbreviation of visibility graphic overrides cut pattern in coarse visual style set to gray shade check that on properties panel as you see coarse visual style set to gray shade
Accept my answer if it was helpfull

Message 3 of 4

Perhaps Coarse Fill Pattern/Color.  

COARSE 12-1.pngCOARSE 12-2.png

Message 4 of 4

Regarding first question, if the Walls and the Floors (which you are calling "Ceilings") are the same Material, you can use Join Geometry Tool to join them together and remove the visible linework between them. Likely they are both using a "BY CATEGORY" Material. Change both to the OOTB "Default" Material.  

Help | Join Geometry | Autodesk

OOTB Default.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators