Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to schedule nested links without areas with the same name being added together.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mattoWU2HH
284 Views, 3 Replies

Trying to schedule nested links without areas with the same name being added together.

Hi All

Need a little help. I have a large block of flats, I have created each flat as a link then loaded it into the main model and positioned them in place. So there could be 30 of the same link on different floors.

We then have a site model that all oh separate buildings are loaded into, so at this stage the flat layout becomes a nested link.

We then sheet up a flat layout drawing with an area schedule for each flat, listing bathroom 5m2 bedroom 15m2 etc. the problem is because this is a nested link there is no way of filtering it. So to help i went into each flat type and put a unique parameter into each area so I now can filter by flat type. Perfect. 

My big problem is if I untick Itemize every instance I get 5 flats showing, so 5 bedrooms 5 bathrooms etc but if I click Itemize every instance it displays 1 of room BUT adds all the areas up. which I don't want it to do. usually I would go into visibility graphics and just select the individual link, but as its nested i cant.

I am completely stuck any advice?

Labels (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ToanDN
in reply to: mattoWU2HH

Each link instance has its unique name, which you can change for clarity. Add link name to the schedule and filter by it.

Message 3 of 4
mattoWU2HH
in reply to: ToanDN

Thanks for commenting unfortunately that only works with normal links, as far as i am aware you cannot switch on and off each nested link instant. we have a flat type loaded into a block loaded into a site model. so link within a link. i can only control which block shows not what flat type shows within each block :-). PLEASE say i am wrong.. it would really help haha.
Message 4 of 4
Mike.FORM
in reply to: mattoWU2HH

Open your link and add an instance shared parameter and assign it to links. Then set the parameter to something unique for all your flat instances.

Then add the same shared parameter to the main model and you should then be able to see it and filter by it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report