Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to create a pattern/bitmap onto an exterior perforated metal screen

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
chase.conn72
1476 Views, 4 Replies

Trying to create a pattern/bitmap onto an exterior perforated metal screen

I am student trying to create an external perforated steel screen on my building. I was trying to get a pattern or possibly a bit map design on it, but i have no idea how to go about this. If you are able to help it would be greatly appreciated:) 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: chase.conn72

Revit materials can have a cut-out map applied - this can be any pattern that you can create.  The attached example shows a cutout for fencing material - where the dark parts become transparent when rendered.

Message 3 of 5
chase.conn72
in reply to: Anonymous

I am trying to make something where the pattern changes as it goes along the screen. Right now i do have the cutouts on the model but i am hoping to find someway where the perforations change to make a design of some sorts, kid of like a bit map. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: chase.conn72

Well you need to design that.  The cut-out pattern can be made to fit the whole screen - it doesn't have to tile.  So once you have your design somewhere then you can apply it as a map.

Try in a drafting view and apply black filled regions to create a pattern.  Export it as an image to create your map.  If it is a really big pattern, you might need to do it in parts and therefore create different materials for it.

Message 5 of 5
chase.conn72
in reply to: Anonymous

I see what your saying, i applied it to my project and was able to get a cutout map on the screen. Thank you for the help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report