Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Template for Save to New File (Saving View to New File)

20 REPLIES 20
Message 1 of 21
TheMattatonAP
1439 Views, 20 Replies

Template for Save to New File (Saving View to New File)

Is there a setting that determines which template is used when you save a view to a new file?

If I right-click a view and click Save to New File... it creates the new file, but it does not carry over the line styles from the view. For instance, lines that were black and line weight 3 are now blue and line weight 2 - same line style name. It's as if whatever template is being used for the new file overrides the settings from the view.

I have my templates all set in the Options to the office standard template. Where are these settings coming from?

Thanks!

Matt

20 REPLIES 20
Message 21 of 21

@Wesam_T_S_Jarjes_WSP wrote:

This seems like a greater issue than a visual discrepancy since its the actual settings of the elements themselfs that are altered and not just how they are represented. 

This statement differentiates your issue from the OP who was only concerned about the display of linework.

@Wesam_T_S_Jarjes_WSP wrote:

everything within the file gets "new construction" as the creation phase and "none" for the demolished phase. 

The template wouldn't be controlling the instance properties. 

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators