Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tag Railing Rail Material

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
M_I_V_A_
590 Views, 10 Replies

Tag Railing Rail Material

Hello world!

Is there any current option to fo Material Tags on differentes elements of a railing, specificaly to the diferents rails?

I made a railing with 3 differents profiles, each has it own material assigned to it, sadly, the material tag do only recognize the first one and for the other 2 it does show the same material.

Here you can see by yourself the situation.

MatiasIGYC_0-1659152304898.png

If there is none current solution for Tag Material, would any of you recommend me another kind of tag in which I could call a secundary information as the description of the profile or something like that?

Thanks in advance

Labels (4)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
barthbradley
in reply to: M_I_V_A_

Maybe Keynote Material Tag?  Enter custom Keynote Annotation Info under Material Identity Tab instead of  referencing CSI.  

Message 3 of 11
ToanDN

Which version?  There is no issue with Revit 2022 (only version I have at the moment).

ToanDN_0-1659160746502.png

Message 4 of 11
barthbradley
in reply to: ToanDN

The mystery deepens. I just tested 2018, the earliest version I have, and no issue there either.  

Message 5 of 11
M_I_V_A_

Okei this is weird as f*. 

Look, this is Revit 2023, in a locked 3D view, as you showed @ToanDN Material Tag do the job perfect. However in a section it does't call it properly!

MatiasIGYC_0-1659197098255.png

I have done severeals differents sections on that railing, at the beginning I though it was an issue with ortoganality of the view , but it didn't fix it at all. 

Any ideas?

Message 6 of 11
ToanDN

Same here.  You can create a 3d view, right click the Navigation box, choose Orient to View and pick the section view..  Then overlap the 3d view and section on sheet and tag the rail materials in the 3d view.

ToanDN_0-1659216252652.png

ToanDN_1-1659216477807.png

Message 7 of 11
barthbradley

No issue here with material tagging railing in 2023 Section Views.

Material Tag 731 B.pngMaterial Tag 731.png

Message 8 of 11
M_I_V_A_
in reply to: barthbradley

I see it works properly for you. I just don't understand why isn't working fine for me though. The only difference I can spot in your image is that you are MT elements that are physically divided, not like mine which is all connected. 

Any ideas of what would be the issue in my case? 

Message 9 of 11
ToanDN

Give a very small gap between rails.

ToanDN_0-1659284227753.png

Message 10 of 11
M_I_V_A_
in reply to: ToanDN

@ToanDN @barthbradley thanks for the help. 
Indeed the issue is the physical conection of the elements(rails) which you want to MT them. 

Here I did the smallest gap possible and the MT was succesfull in a section without further errors:

MatiasIGYC_0-1659285296362.png

Thanks again for the time

Message 11 of 11
barthbradley

@M_I_V_A_ wrote:

I see it works properly for you. I just don't understand why isn't working fine for me though. The only difference I can spot in your image is that you are MT elements that are physically divided, not like mine which is all connected. 

Any ideas of what would be the issue in my case? 

Weird sh*t.  Odd that Autodesk hasn't issued a notification about it - even one of those "the problem is being analyzed to identify the cause and a possible solution" notices would be helpful.   There's probably people out there performing pointless and time-consuming troubleshooting tasks to try and correct it - and, all the while, contributing to the Office Curse Word Jar. 

#$@!%! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators