Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sweep profile

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
ennujozlagam
758 Views, 7 Replies

Sweep profile

hi guys maybe could help me with this problem? if it is possible?

Can sweep profile cut up to the bottom of stair stringer?

please find attached.

thanks in advance.

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Draw a Reference Plane :

1. Architecture > Reference Plane > Pick Lines >pick on the underside of the stairs and create a plane.
  2. Select the wall > Modify Walls > Attach Top/Base > Top > select the Reference plane you've just created...

Image 094.png

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 3 of 8

Hi Constantin,

Thank you for your reply. But sad to say it doesnt work.  Im not referring to a basic wall (modify wall/attach top/base)

My problem is how to cut a sweep profile from the bottom edge of stringer as shown in my first post. To make it clear it is not a type of wall, its a sweep profile.

Thanks and regards.

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 4 of 8

In that case, you need to create a model in place void, and subtract it from the swept solid.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 8

Hi Alfredo,

Thank you for your prompt reply. maybe you could help how im going to start or step how to do it.

Im only start learning Revit off and on, refreshing (bcoz im more on autocad ).

Im avid  fan of yours for the past few years and keep reading some of your posted and best solution to the problems.

And i remembered you make time off for a while and glad youre back...

Thank you very much.

Message 6 of 8

Hey, thank you for your words. The time when I was absent from here was when I posted almost exclusively for one year in Revitforum, in 2011. Then I went back to Augi, and came back here, too. I also post in the Italian forum Cad3d.it. Those are the four forums where I post , and in my blog, of course.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Message 7 of 8

Hi Alredo,

your welcome,

Any thoughts that you can give the procedure how to to it.

Thanks,

Message 8 of 8

Reading your original post once again, I realize that what you are trying to do is not possible, at least with the actual stringer of a stair, because stairs in Revit cannot be cut with solids, as other elements can. In that case, you would need to turn off the stingers of the stairs, and create the stringers as model in place, with the desired shape or notches that you need.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report