Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Survey point label in titleblock

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Kimtaurus
1104 Views, 2 Replies

Survey point label in titleblock

Is it possible to create a label with a parameter that reads the projects survey point?

In our titleblocks we have a disclaier, the last sentance refers to the project base point and survey point. Currently the value of the survey point needs to be manually changed in the titleblock. Wondering if I could link this to the project itself.

FAZIOGREG
in reply to: Kimtaurus

Yes and no.  What you can do is create a shared parameter [let's say "Project Base Elevation"] and turn it into a project parameter.  That will let you change the value in a single spot [Project Parameters] and a label in your titleblock could read that value.  It would be nice if there were a way for a project parameter to derive its value from some information in the actual project, but I didn't find a way to link the actual project elevation with that parameter.

1.  Create new shared parameter, "Project Base Elevation"; Manage Tab>Project Base Elevation>New... 

2.  In the project, create project parameter; Manage Tab>Project Parameters>Add, select Shared Parameter, click Select, choose "Project Base Elevation"

3.  In your titleblock, create a label; Create Tab>Label...>Add Parameter, select "Project Base Elevation"

I know it's not perfect and leaves an opening for human error, but at least you can be sure that all labels in the project will read the same thing.  Just be sure to update the Project Parameter or it will just be a consistently wrong value...

Message 3 of 3
Kimtaurus
in reply to: FAZIOGREG

That's the method I decided to use as well. Not perfect, but it works.

Indeed, it's stupid that a rather important project parameter like project location can't be used in labels/tags or scheduled.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report