Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggling to Create a Mono Pitch Truss

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
IMCornish
4233 Views, 5 Replies

Struggling to Create a Mono Pitch Truss

I am wanting to create a simple mono pitch, or half, truss and have started by using the 'OOTB' Structural Truss Template.  The problem comes in trying to get rid of one side off the truss since my 'mono' needs to span from the centre to the left or right not both.  The 'Length' parameter dimension and the 'Equal' one it includes cannot be removed. Similarly the left reference plane to which the dimension is tied refuses to be got rid of.  Should I try using 'Complex Truss' template or start afresh?  Any ideas please?

Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
IMCornish
in reply to: IMCornish

Having had no responses, I would like to add that I have tried using the 'Structural Framing - Complex and Trusses' template and have found that this doesn't work because it does not offer the Family Category: "Structural Trusses" which would then give access to the 'Top Chord', 'Web' and 'Bottom Chord' tools in the Detail section of the 'Create' Tab.
I have therefore concluded that a 'mono' truss cannot be created, that is unless someone can tell me different?

Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

I have the same problem, seems odd not to have a mono truss in the structural truss family file.

Message 4 of 6
chrisplyler

I have not tried it, but Vulcraft has a Revit add-in that can do single-pitch along with other types.

http://www.vulcraft.com/engineers/bim/revit.php

Message 5 of 6
SteveKStafford

The attached image is the stock Howe Truss family edited to just be a mono truss configuration. I didn't worry about making it fully functional because a mono web configuration truss can vary quite a bit depending on the circumstances. But what you see in the image will work. You just need to constrain web geometry so it will provide the look you want.

Steve Stafford
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.
EESignature

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: SteveKStafford

Thanks you both for the reply. I ended up modifying a Pressler Truss top chord. Not ideal but will work for now.

Matt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report