Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggle fitting louver panel into sloped curtain wall panels

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1080 Views, 4 Replies

Struggle fitting louver panel into sloped curtain wall panels

I'm trying to create a sloped curtain wall that will follow a sloped bridge connecting two buildings with a slight elevation change (0.85 degree slope). I've tried changing the curtain wall profile to fit the slope and then changing the grid lines to match that slope. However the problem I'm running in to is that in some of the panels I need a louver, which I've created a 3D panel family (an extrusion of the shape of the blades) to insert, and it will only work if the panel is completely orthogonal and not rotated at all. In reality the panels will just be installed rotated those .85 deg. so they run continuously and parallel from one side to the other. However revit will not allow me to rotate the wall as it would be in real life.

Does anyone have some suggestions on how to either force revit to rotate the wall as it will be in real life (although I still question if it would continue to have issues with the louver panel?) or a way to create a panel family that will accurately look like a louver but still work in a rotated panel?

My last case idea is to just leave those panels empty and then manually place an angled louver family into all of them. Definitely not ideal, especially for details, but perhaps as a last resort.

Thank you! 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

Like this?

Annotation 2019-10-30 173726.png

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

Essentially yes! Could you explain what you did? When I try to select the family I made for any panel that's not perfectly straight it keeps giving me error 1

Message 4 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

Create a curtain wall type with only interior horizontal mullions as louver blades.  Select the panels you want to turn to louvers in your sloped curtain wall and change them to the curtain wall type above, and change Angle in properties.

2019 example file attached.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

I see what you mean, that's super helpful. Thank you!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report