Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structural Slab vs Building Pad

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
2930 Views, 1 Reply

Structural Slab vs Building Pad

I am working a subterranean basement and I noticed that if I use a Building Pad, it cuts the Topography, but if I use a Structural Slab, it doesn't. Which is the correct element to use. I would think for BIM, you'd actually want to use a Structural Slab, but then I can't not have the Topography cut when showing sections through the basement...

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

The answer may be "both". It is common practice to separate the site from the building model in two linked Revit projects. However, even if you do not do that, modify the Building Pad type to be a thin vapor barrier layer 2 or 3 mil thick, or even add new layers to represent the crushed gravel, sand, and in some climates rigid insulation, which usually are in place to prepare for a slab.

If you don't need to model these componenets, and will create 2D details, just stick with the vapor barrier approach. Then, add the Foundation Slab element on top of that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report