Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stair nosing wrapping

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
rodrigo.bezerraRD5KM
616 Views, 8 Replies

Stair nosing wrapping

Hi,

Revit 2022 won't let me return my nosing profile all around my thread. So I figured I could apply a riser profile to fulfill the design intent (attached image).

Captura de tela 2022-06-21 151115.png

What I couldn't foresee is: the riser total length (or width, whatever) do not match my total thread (including nosing), so I ended with this odd angled finish instead of a clean join.

I apprecieate any advice to acomplish a better modeling, or else I'll simplify the whole thing and work with detail items in my magnified drawings.

Labels (4)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

I'm sure I understand. Are you trying to basically wrap the tread all the way around?  

Message 3 of 9

Precisely. The design predicts a stone board trespassing 2cm over the thread structure. So, translating to Revit features, I need a 2cm nosing at four sides of the thread.
Message 4 of 9

Nosing doesn't wrap the sides.  Overlay two stairs, one for the structure, one for the stone finish.

Message 5 of 9

I'll give it a try @ToanDN, but still I wouldn't have a slanted border all around the stone finish. Of course I can use detail items, but it is kinda dull.

Thanks for the insight.

Message 6 of 9

Model the Tread  with Railing as shown here.  Nosing wraps entire Tread.  

Railing as Tread.png

Railing as Tread 2.png

Message 7 of 9

I've not tested yet, but I'm unsure about the landings.

Captura de tela 2022-06-21 171350.png

I tested the 2 overlayed stairs and although the design is 99% accurate (missing the slanted borders), it's pretty time-consuming and would be a major waste if the stair design is modified at some point of the project development. And even if the design don't change, I'll have the extra work to hide the structural one in each and every floor view. I can rely on view templates for the job, but still adds another item at a to do list.

Message 8 of 9

Model the landings as Floors. Those are easy enough to sweep.  

Floor as Landing.png

Message 9 of 9

Thanks, mate. It is way easier to handle only one stair at the time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report