Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorting Identity Data in Properties

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
ramshinis
394 Views, 5 Replies

Sorting Identity Data in Properties

I have made some identity data parameters which i think they show up in the order they were created in the Properties. I am wondering if there is a way to sort how each parameter would be listed under the properties section, like change the order they are listed from top to bottom. Thanks

Labels (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: ramshinis

Yes, in the Family Types dialog box, use the buttons on the lower part of the window to move each parameter to the desired location. Then load the family into the properties. The sorting in the family editor will be the same as in the project.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 6
ramshinis
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

The parameters that I made are not showing up in the Family Type dialogue box. They are only visible in the Properties and I don't see any option to move them up/down. 

Message 4 of 6
Alfredo_Medina

Sorry, I thought it was a loadable family. I see that it is a floor. You did not say that, so it was not clear in your original question. Then, never mind. The buttons for sorting parameters exist only in the family editor, for loadable families.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 6
ramshinis
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Yeah these identity data parameters are applied to all Floors, Walls, Structural Columns and framings. It seems like Revit lists these parameters in Properties in the order that they were added.

Message 6 of 6
barthbradley

Prior to 2024, Project Parameters are sorted by the date/time of creation. In 2024, Project Parameters are sorted alphabetically. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report