Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Site designer soft terrain problems

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
305 Views, 2 Replies

Site designer soft terrain problems

I´m trying to alter the existing toposurface with site designer´s soft terrain.

There´s  a steep slope next to a smoother surface and I´m trying to set the smooth surface into a specific height. Every time I make a soft terrain it cuts pieces of the topo´s slope to the same height as the nearby line I´m using to make the soft terrain. Not all of it, just pieces.. The place even varies where the cuts are made.

If I have a 12 to 1 slope or no sloping at all as a soft terrain value it happens both times. 

I´m trying to use just a line as a soft terrain tool, not a closed loop. Is that the problem?

Is there something wrong with the plug-in or am I missing something here? 

There´s a few photos explaining my situation. My soft terrain line is the violet one shown in the photos. 

Also. I´ve used a building pad to cut the toposurface with the building. I also need to have the toposurface at an exact height surrounding the building. I just tried to make a soft terrain shaped like the building (with slopes) at that needed height, but I can´t because of the building pad. I tried to make this with just the soft terrain but when I set the topo at the height needed (also the same height as the floors are inside), the toposurface shows inside the building. How do I make this happen? There´s a photo of this too..

I clearly don´t know how to use the site designer plug-in at all...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymouswrote:

I clearly don´t know how to use the site designer plug-in at all...

It would seem so. But I don't either. However, I can certainly kick butt with Site & Massing tools, and what you're describing sounds like a few minutes of work with those stock tools. Maybe you should abandon Site Designer.  Just saying.  

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

How can I add a line that´s at a certain level with massing and site tools? When you add just points in a line form the areas between the points just stick out at the original level.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report