Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Siding Pattern - Half rounds

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
BigPicture045
349 Views, 7 Replies

Siding Pattern - Half rounds

I am trying to make this pattern for siding:

Ryan_Hettinger_0-1664107497167.png

Is this possible?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Do you want to Model it or just represent it with a Material Surface Pattern (e.g. Hatch Pattern)?  If you want to model it, it would be easy enough to do with In-Place Modeling tools.   

Message 3 of 8

You know, you could use a Wall Type for each of those overlapping layers too.   Edit Profile of each overlapping Wall to make the curvy design.  Something like this:

Wall Profile Edit.png

That's how it would be done in the field if it wasn't prefabricated. 

Wall Edit Profile 2.png

Message 4 of 8

How can this be represented with a hatch pattern? 

Message 5 of 8

@BigPicture045 wrote:

How can this be represented with a hatch pattern? 

We talked about this in on your other thread. 

I'm absolutely sure you can find this hatch pattern (PAT) on-line by Googling.  Beyond that, other methods were provided to you on your other thread, such as PyRevit, PattyCake, etc.  

Message 6 of 8
ToanDN
in reply to: BigPicture045

You can find a fishscale pattern, or use pyRevit to draw one. Keep in mind the there will not be true arcs, but small segment lines.

If you want to model them, use a curtain wall with custom panels, each present a tile. Do NOT edit profile or attach the curtain wall to fit under the roof.  Instead, use a solid form mass to cut the curtain panels to fit under the roof.

Message 7 of 8
barthbradley
in reply to: ToanDN

@ToanDN wrote:

If you want to model them, use a curtain wall with custom panels, each present a tile. Do NOT edit profile or attach the curtain wall to fit under the roof.  Instead, use a solid form mass to cut the curtain panels to fit under the roof.

Too much work IMO.  But hey...to each their own devices. 

...or the OP could In-Place Model the whole decorative facade with solid and void extrusions essentially modeling a prefab to install over the exterior Wall.  That would be MY #2.     

Message 8 of 8
BigPicture045
in reply to: ToanDN

Pyrevit worked okay. I hadn't used it to make patterns yet. I appreciate that. 

Instructional video I used for to create pattern with pyrevit:

pyRevit Tutorial - How to Make a Pattern - Gebler Tooth Architects - YouTube

Ryan_Hettinger_0-1664123422302.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators