Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopdrawings - best way for details

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
burowolswijk
371 Views, 3 Replies

Shopdrawings - best way for details

Hi

I make a lot of shopdrawings for wood framing.

Currently I still make all the details in Autocad, this because of most details are frequently used on a lot of differents elements (assemblies)

After making these details I add manually a detail marker to the shop drawing.

But in large project this is a possibility of making errors in the detail numbers.

The overviews of the assemblies normally have scale sizes like 1:20, 1:25 or 1:50.
The details are made in scale 1:5

Is the most efficient way to do this? 

Or does anyone else have a nice solution for this.

An example:

Schermafbeelding 2020-05-07 om 10.46.27.png

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: burowolswijk

Ideally the details are re-created in Revit, but that can be quite a lot of work depending on the aount of details that you have.  Note that you can link CAD views into a Revit drafting view and in that case the reference will be correct.  If you use these often, you could include the drafting view in your template so that for each project you select the relevant drafting view to place on sheets.

Message 3 of 4
burowolswijk
in reply to: Anonymous

most details are project specific - and are very simple details ....

So starting from scratch is not a real problem.

But how can i add the same detail annotation to multiple sheets ....

For example the underside of a wood element will be used multiple times ...

But when there is a change in a detail or detailnumber it automatically is changed everywhere ...

I don't know if there is a better solution, than the way i work now ... but would love to hear other people opinion/work around about this

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: burowolswijk

If you use the Callout function, you can reference a view rather than creating the actual Callout.  So multiple Callouts can reference the same view.View ref.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report