Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shaft and roof issues

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
nailah.kennedy
706 Views, 3 Replies

Shaft and roof issues

I'm pretty new to using revit so this could be a pretty simple fix. I created a two shaft openings on the second floor, one above my stair and the other above the main room. I'm trying to add my ceiling and then my roof, however when I do this the shaft opening is still visible and it won't let me create a ceiling over it. It's cutting the ceiling and roof.  What am I doing wrong ? 

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Shaft opening will cut all along the path, so you can cut a section line in the area of shaft opening and adjust the height not to cut your ceiling or try to edit profile with the opening of your floor and roof. Thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 4

Instead of using a Shaft to cut your stairwell opening, why don't you just edit the second floor boundary and sketch an opening in it?  

Stairwell415.jpg

Message 4 of 4

Such an easy fix lol. Thank you so much !!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators