Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Separating a windows into its components

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
zepe6063
889 Views, 6 Replies

Separating a windows into its components

Hi guys! I've been working with Revit for a little bit and am getting to the rendering stage in Lumion, but came across this error. 

When I applied the glass texture in Lumion to the window, it changed the window trim into glass as well. I haven't had this problem with glass doors yet, but I had a similar problem with railings, where the ballusters became glass as well, despite the materials being different at the time of exporting. I think a possible solution could be to separate the various components of the window into separate objects, but I don't know how to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Labels (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
barthbradley
in reply to: zepe6063

Strange. I haven't had any like issues with Lumion.  Regarding your question, what do you mean by "separate the various components of the window"?  Are you about Nesting window components?  Maybe making them Shared as well?

Message 3 of 7
ToanDN

Use Lumion LiveSync plugin in Revit instead of exporting to a FBX file.

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 7
zepe6063
in reply to: barthbradley

I'm not sure how nesting works at all, but I think that's at the core of my problem.

Message 5 of 7
zepe6063
in reply to: ToanDN

I'll definitely try that right now

Message 6 of 7
zepe6063
in reply to: ToanDN

You are magnificent sir......or madam. Thanks so much!
Message 7 of 7
barthbradley

I don't think "Sir" or "Madam" is appropriate anymore.  I think there are gender-agnostic alternatives nowadays. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators