Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

section box

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
389 Views, 6 Replies

section box

I'm using Revit 2017. I am creating scope and section boxes but they ARE NOT acting parametric when it comes to resizing or changing view croping. in the 2D and respective 3D views. Its like they are not 100% associated with their assigned view. Any comments???

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

Section Box and Scope Box are two different things.   Check out Scope Box Views Visible settings. 

sb.png

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

I'm using Revit 17 so i think a scope box is not possible in 3D so... i'm creating sections boxes for my needs. I'm able to create the section box but the portion of the Revit model i'm creating my section box in is a linked Revit file so I am starting to believe that is part of my issue of not having the parametics (by that i mean that when I adj the section box the model does not adjust and reflect the changes).

Message 4 of 7
barthbradley

Scope Boxes have been around since Moses wore shorts.  

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2017/EN...

Again, Section Boxes and Scope Boxes are unrelated.

Message 5 of 7
barthbradley

Are you sure you don't mean SECTION BOX. Go to a 3D View and look for "Section Box" on the View Properties. Check the box.  Is that what you are looking for?  

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-lt/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2018/ENU/Revi...

Message 6 of 7
ToanDN

Scope box or section box?  They are different.

Message 7 of 7
Corsten.Au

1. Scope boxes are parametric.. ( It will work only if Permanently assigned to the view )

Scope Box applicable to Plan, Elevation, Sections

Scope Box not applicable to 3D Views, Perspective.

2. Section box is independent of the scope box.

3. Section box is applicable to 3D views only.

Corsten
Building Designer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report