Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule and filtering by Working sets in linked rvt

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
lunoxododin
654 Views, 7 Replies

Schedule and filtering by Working sets in linked rvt

I use the link of revit files. In first file there is a cube and a cylinder made by Form. Cube in working set 1, cylinder in working set 2.

I bind this file to a second file, called "summary", where I share two copies from this link and through working sets I set a distinguishable display. As a result, I see my cube and cylinder on the plan. Everything is fine, no problems with the graphics.

But now I'm trying to calculate the Volume of this linked Forms by Schedule in a "summary" file. And get only the total volume of cube and cylinder for each copy, disconnecting one of them will not work through filters, because there is simply no such possibility in filters.

At the same time, I noticed that if you go to the Visibility Override in the Schedule properties and uncheck one of the link copies, then it ceases to participate in the Schedule . But if you go into the redefinition of a specific copy of the connection (and there are Working sets!) and switching off the unnecessary working set for each of them ... then nothing happens, the Schedule continues to consider the total volume, the extra lines do not disappear.

How I can exclude Items from Schedule calculations using the Worksets? RVT2019.2

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
lunoxododin
in reply to: lunoxododin

Trying to explane )

Message 3 of 8
ToanDN

You cannot filter a schedule using worksets. Use other means such as: phases, design options, names, descriptions, etc...

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 8
Corsten.Au

Worksets main objective is collaboration. and not filtering anything specially for Scheduling.

Imagine you have multiple project files, with multiple Worksets, and someday you decide to remove

all the worksets, ( combine, bind, detach with disregarding workset ) all the schedule ( if it were possible ), 

would get disturbed..

Try to use default settings, like @ToanDN mentioned, Use phase, Design option.

Assembly is also one great way to schedule things.

Best luck

Corsten
Building Designer
Message 5 of 8
lunoxododin
in reply to: Corsten.Au

I understand that you propose. But it will be difficult decisions, because in my idea in Donor file I want make near 10 sub-forms (for exaple 10 cubes with different height) and use it in lot of different "resume" files. In my idea with this decision - for control of changing in contour of Cube, I will change it (all sub-forms) in one file, not in many files. 

OK, addition question - what is panel with "working sets" designed for if it does not affect anything? In Schedules

Message 6 of 8
ToanDN

Share a copy of your linked file with two forms here and we can show you a solution.

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
lunoxododin
in reply to: ToanDN

I tryed Phasing. Not my way - if I want see two "worksets" from three - it cannot help me.

I tryed Design Options. More good, but still possible to filter in only one condition, I cannot check two or more, like in Working sets.

Now I try to use Project Parameter, but think that result will be same as in previous decides...

Message 8 of 8
lunoxododin

I shared the example file. And still cannot understad, why in Schedules not work Working sets. It is very useful - when you can check/uncheck parts of linked file (in instances of linked file) without any cunning filtering perversions ....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report