Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save 3D-View Camera Position and Zoom

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
leonard.moelders
564 Views, 5 Replies

Save 3D-View Camera Position and Zoom

Hey guys, 

I have following Problem:

When I save a 3D-View and reopen the project, Revit opens the view with the right camera position/orientation, but the model is zoomed to its extends and does not keep the old zoomfactor. Is there a way to save the zoom factor or tell Revit to not zooming to the models extends?

Labels (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: leonard.moelders

Turn on view crop and crop the 3d view.

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
leonard.moelders
in reply to: ToanDN

Thanks, that works, but seems more like a work-around. Is there no other way? Like stopping Revit to zoom to extend automatically?

Message 4 of 6

If you're calling that solution a workaround, it seems like you are going to call just about anything a workaround...

Why is that not acceptable?

Message 5 of 6

@mhiserZFHXS : I'm not commenting on your first sentence, as it's just rude.

The reason why it's not acceptable is, that when view crop is active I can not zoom out to the extends of the model again. I would need to deactivate the view crop again or right-click and set the view crop to model extends. Furthermore panning by clicking the mouse wheel moves the cropped view and not the model. To pan the model in the cropped view I need to use the pan-tool which is not handy. 

Message 6 of 6

I'm just stating facts. Seems pretty ridiculous to write off the solution to something because you think its a "workaround".

Is this a working view, or a set view? If its a working view, why does it matter if its zoomed or not when you open it? If its a set view (for a sheet or rendering), why are you moving it around so much that this becomes inconvenient?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators