Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same wall style, Different display? Throw me a rope

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
vanderloo5
408 Views, 11 Replies

Same wall style, Different display? Throw me a rope

I'm adding walls to a drawing and they are EXACTLY the same in every way in properties but they're not showing the solid fill the original walls are showing.

I've checked everything I can think of. Can someone guide me on this. I even tried copying one of the original walls and pasting it and it also did not have the solid fill???

Thank You

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
ToanDN
in reply to: vanderloo5

Are they under the same phase?

Message 3 of 12
vanderloo5

@ ToanDN- yes

Message 4 of 12
hmunsell

can you select a wall and post the full Properties window?

• one for the wall you placed and one for the solid fill wall...

also are there any filters being applied to the view?

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 12
vanderloo5
in reply to: hmunsell

One of each. No filters

Message 6 of 12

Hi,

No manual graphics override on the existing walls in that view?

What happens if you copy a existing wall?

- Michel

Message 7 of 12
Lachlan-JWP

Can you post a project file with this issue so we can check a few things?

Message 8 of 12

The existing walls are not hatched so what would I be checking for?
Message 9 of 12
vanderloo5
in reply to: Lachlan-JWP
Message 10 of 12

The wall in the image "Wall style existring.jpg", if you rightclick on that wall and then "Overrides Grapics in view" > "By Element" are in the dialog any overrides applied? (if so then the Reset button on the bottom is not grey'd out)

Revit_overrideElement.png

Message 11 of 12

Yes that was the issue. In the other walls, in the graphics overrides by element, I have the background pattern set as solid black. So I matched that condition on the new walls and they are now displaying correctly. I still don't know the best way to show new walls,(in remodel plans), as solid fill. It only displays right in coarse display level and I always like to set my views to fine.

Thank You TripleM-Dev.net

Message 12 of 12

Use Phasing, don't manually override each "New construction" wall!, Make the phase of new walls "New Construction" and the existing ones to the "Existing" phase.

And use the phasing mechanism to control the appearance, one drawback is you can only define one appearance setting for existing, new and demolisched

If you are using Revit 2022 (or maybe 2021) you can also use ViewFilter to change the appearance of walls by their Phase.

For instance set the fill of the wall material to black (for new Phase), and create a viewfilter for walls in phase existing that changes the fill to white etc...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report