Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Room Tags with Calculated Values

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
biagioni-paulette
647 Views, 10 Replies

Room Tags with Calculated Values

Has anyone been able to successfully create a room tag with calculated values? I'm trying to create a room tag that shows calculated occupancy in the tag. My thought was to add a new calculated parameter Max Occupancy = ((Area/1SF)/(Occupant Load/1)), where Area is the automatic area from Revit, and Occupant Load is a shared parameter with the occupancy load per room type (150 SF for business, 300 SF for mechanical, etc). I've watched a few videos online where people seem to get this to work but it's not working for me. I can create a new shared parameter called Max Occupancy but I can't make it a calculated value. Any suggestions?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Check and see if this will help you.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/calculated-value-room-tags/td-p/2854450

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 3 of 11

Why don't you do the Calculated Parameter in the Tag itself?  

Message 4 of 11

Sure. But I recommend to do it as an Area Tag. But if you want to do it as a Room Tag, it would be like this, below:

Note: any shared parameter must exist in the project as a project parameter that applies to the category (room or area)

Alfredo_Medina_0-1700260380643.png

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 11

I've tried, but when I load the tag into the project it won't calculate.

Message 6 of 11

@biagioni-paulette wrote:

I've tried, but when I load the tag into the project it won't calculate.

Does @Alfredo_Medina's beautiful instructions work for you? If not, post your RVT with the Tag Family in it.  

Message 7 of 11

Nope, they don't. That's what I tried originally, and it hasn't worked. I get that using Areas instead of Rooms might work for this, but we don't use Areas much and it would require a total rework/rethink of our internal processes to swap from Rooms to Areas.

Message 8 of 11

Please try the instructions shown above, all of them. Did you read the note in italics, too?

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 9 of 11
ToanDN
in reply to: biagioni-paulette

Same approach as @Alfredo_Medina but I use a Key Schedule to assign OLF to Rooms based on Use Group Keys.

ToanDN_1-1700268801908.png

ToanDN_2-1700261535194.png

ToanDN_0-1700261397377.png

Message 10 of 11
ToanDN
in reply to: biagioni-paulette

@biagioni-paulette wrote:

Nope, they don't. That's what I tried originally, and it hasn't worked. I get that using Areas instead of Rooms might work for this, but we don't use Areas much and it would require a total rework/rethink of our internal processes to swap from Rooms to Areas.

Add Occupant Load Factor shared parameter to the Project and assign it to Rooms category.

Message 11 of 11

....the EXACT SAME Shared Parameter (identified by GUID, not Name) that's in the Tag Family. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report