Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Room Bounding issued with linked Model

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
fortunejohnny
2580 Views, 4 Replies

Room Bounding issued with linked Model

I have a Revit model from another firm that we are attempting to use for interior work.  The original model was in 2014 so it has been upgraded to 2018 and linked into our host model.  We can see and tag the rooms in the linked model however we need to make some changes.  We would like to add rooms to the host model using the linked model as room bounding elements.  Unfortunately, although we have enabled room bounding for the linked model, when we attempt to add a room it does not see the elements as room bounding.  Has anyone seen this and/or have a solution?  

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
brettgatti
in reply to: fortunejohnny

Do your Levels match those in the linked file?  I've seen this cause similar issues.

Message 3 of 5

you can try this place the cursor/ or pick over the linked model, click Edit Type. In the Type Properties  select the Room Bounding check box, and click OK, and see if helps. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 4 of 5
fortunejohnny
in reply to: brettgatti

The levels appeared to be on the same plane.  I went back and used the align tool to ensure they were co-planar and didn't see any movement but it magically started working after that. So, either it was off a smidgen that I couldn't visibly see zoomed way in with thin lines or I just needed to reassure Revit that they indeed were supposed to be aligned.  Oddly it was the ground floor so when the link was added it appeared to be co-planar from the start.  Thanks for the reply.  

Message 5 of 5
deanhendry
in reply to: brettgatti

This was the perfect fix I needed. Thank you!!!
Dean Hendry, CDT
Devenney Group Ltd., Architects
Phoenix, AZ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report