Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roof join issue

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
268 Views, 2 Replies

Roof join issue

Hi all. I am having an issue when trying to intersect two roofs. The structure offset seems to drop below the opposite roof. Any thoughts on a way to solve this or work around it. The roof should die into the other with a smooth transition of the fascia. One thought is to not have a structural layer on roof build up, but I run into issues when applying the fascia. They don't seem to miter properly. See last image.

Any help would be great!Roof 3.jpg

Roof 1.jpgFascia 1.jpgRoof 2.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

How would you detail that area?  Somehow the roof joists need to tie into a valley beam somehow right?

or

Trick Revit into thinking the roof doesn't end in a point right there and make the smallest flat spot you can make. (parallel with the ridge) Play around with the location until it looks bettter....

Personally I would make it drop further under or stop above the other roof....so different fascia heights.

Edit....oh, try using a 3D Sweep instead of the fascia tool...that way you can 3D Pick the edges instead of just the roof edges individually.

Message 3 of 3
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

I'd just cut it with a void. 

...you may want to give some thought to how it will be framed in the field. There is actually no bearing plate supporting that end rafter/truss.  Likely, that overhang with be framed with outlookers perpendicular to the rafter/truss which is in-line and flush with the wall.  The shape and transition your after is going to be made by a fascia board nailed to the ends of those outlookers.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report