Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rfa and rvt

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
hernandez.mario.arch
488 Views, 4 Replies

Rfa and rvt

When you modify a revit family within a rvt then load it into a project is that rfa now stored in the rvt? I have extra rfa files in my folder which Im trying to determine if i can delete.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Yes, all families are included in your rvt project. If you delete rfa files, families won't disappear from your project.

Tom

Tomas Polak
ARKANCE
Message 3 of 5

@hernandez.mario.arch 

If you have loaded into the project then it resides in the project.

However, do not delete the .rfa. You might want to keep those families stored for backup purposes or as a library you could use to load into the future projects

Of course you can always export the families from the project: however, you need to keep in mind that some families or types which were not used might at some point be purged out 

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 4 of 5

- If the families can be reused for other projects then save them in a shared library folder.

- If the families are project specific then save them in the project's library folder.  You never know when you need to retrieve a family type or even a whole family that you may have purged from the project.

Message 5 of 5

Thank you, im still used to CAD and xrefs.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report