Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Wall Sweeps added to exterior walls - Included within group but not selectable.

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
frederikJJUCG
334 Views, 6 Replies

Revit Wall Sweeps added to exterior walls - Included within group but not selectable.

I have recently added wall sweeps to several walls to include a 3" x 1/2" wall base for interior elevations. The same wall sweep has been added to several exterior walls that have no sweeps added. 

The strange part is that the wall sweeps are included as part of a group but not selectable when activated. 

Does anyone know why this is happening, and how that can be controlled?

frederikJJUCG_0-1626121220112.png

Thanks,
Frederik

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ToanDN
in reply to: frederikJJUCG

Are they added in the wall assembly or placed manually using Wall: Sweep tool? 

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
RDAOU

@frederikJJUCG 

Maybe you had them pinned and Select Pinned Elements is disabled?

The image you posted doesn't show much ...when you edit the group they are grayed out or just not select-able?

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 4 of 7
frederikJJUCG
in reply to: ToanDN

@ToanDN@RDAOU,
They are neither part of the wall assembly, nor placed manually. I believe the were somehow placed via a group. See images below. The group includes the sweep, but when opened they cannot be selected. 

I went through and deleted the sweep out of all walls in the project, these still remained on the walls. (deleting the sweep profile just replaces the sweep on these walls with another profile). 

frederikJJUCG_0-1626192554659.png

frederikJJUCG_1-1626192573912.png

This image shows no sweep on the wall type.. 

frederikJJUCG_2-1626192627976.png

Message 5 of 7
RDAOU

@frederikJJUCG

Being replaced by another profile (the default rectangular) when deleting the custom profile is a behavior of sweeps built into the wall structure.

Can you edit the group in Group editor? From the browser right click and edit?

If you open the sweep tab in the wall structure, are their any added fields? Or is it empty?

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 6 of 7
frederikJJUCG
in reply to: RDAOU

@RDAOU 

Of course, see below. What has me confused is that the walls that have these base sweeps are not part of the group or any instance of the group. 

frederikJJUCG_1-1626193860472.png

The sweeps tab is completely empty (I did a test, the sweeps tab has cleared on every wall type in the project - These still remain) 

Message 7 of 7

Excluded members of groups (walls) had intersected the exterior walls making the exterior wall register a base. I cannot explain why this happened... But, by replacing the intersecting walls with walls that had no base sweep removed the base sweeps from the exterior wall.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators