Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit View Filters: Priority Does Not Update Unless View Is Force-Reloaded

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ariderAEE99
261 Views, 4 Replies

Revit View Filters: Priority Does Not Update Unless View Is Force-Reloaded

Wanting to know if this one is a bug or if this is intentional behavior of the Revit API: 

If I have two rule-based filters that select the same element in any given view, the priority system of the filter does work but does not show in my view until I force the view to reload. I can do this by enabling and disabling temporary view properties, closing and re-opening the view, etc. The view does not reload itself to properly show a view filter priority adjustment.

For example, I have two identical filters selecting the same Door 7A via a Mark parameter "equals" selection. One of these filters overrides the door to show a green cut, and one overrides the door to show a blue cut. When I freshly load the view, the filter at the top is the color that is shown in my view. 

ariderAEE99_0-1716309501736.png

If I open the view filters and adjust the blue filter to be on top, the view does not refresh to show the filter properly after pressing "Ok" (and I will add that there is no option to press "Apply" here):

ariderAEE99_1-1716309501722.png

But if I close the view and reopen it (or enable/disable temporary view property, etc), the the view refreshes and shows the door properly: 

ariderAEE99_2-1716309501730.png

Does anyone know why a filter priority change does not refresh the view graphics? 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: ariderAEE99

I can reproduce what you are experiencing all day long and twice on Sundays. The question is: why would have 2 rule-based Filters with identical rules being used together?  I can't make sense of that.  Help me out. 

Message 3 of 5
ariderAEE99
in reply to: barthbradley

The example I created in this post is an example meant to highlight the error. 

Thank you

Message 4 of 5

Hi @ariderAEE99,

What Revit version?, I've tried on a new project (R2022) with 4 walls and a door, changing the order updates to the view (apply does stay grey'd out also)

Does this happen in every model? Or just the one?

Message 5 of 5

Hello @TripleM-Dev.net,

I am using Revit 2024. I have not noticed the error in any other version, but I can recreate it in any 2024 model. 

Thanks for the reply!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report