Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REVIT FILE REVERT TO PREVIOUS SAVED VERSIONS.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
3554 Views, 7 Replies

REVIT FILE REVERT TO PREVIOUS SAVED VERSIONS.

I am an Architectural Student and I'm currently experiencing a problem with my Revit file. My Revit file was basically reverted back a days work even tho I saved it and reopen it on different computers.

Situation happened as below,

On Sunday 12/05 I saved my Revit file at 12am on my hard-disk while working on my personal laptop. On Monday 13/05 I saved my Revit file at 1:44am on my hard-disk while working on a desktop in work. The same day in the morning at 9am I had it open to print some drawings on a desktop in college. Note that everything seemed fine at this point, I was able to print and looked at my drawings the way it was saved. Yesterday, Wednesday 15/05 I had my Revit file opened on my personal laptop and was shocked to find that none of my sundays work was in the file, it presents as last saved at Sunday 12am, I have more than 13hours of work done on the project on Sunday and I'm sure I have saved it multiple times. I had the properties of the file opened and the date modified on presents to be different on the general and details tab. I hope that someone can help me on this matter.

Capture.JPGGeneral Details.JPG

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
L.Maas
in reply to: Anonymous

Revit does not revert back to older versions. It has to be something else like:

-You copied an older file over your newer one.

-Your newer file is in a different location (e.g folder, computer).
-A backup/restore action has overwritten the newer one.

-Forgotten to save your file.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 8
landmark24homes

I've been having the same issue multiple times this year.  On multiple occasions, when my computer does an update whatever Revit file I was working on reverts back a few days.  This is a very big inconvenience.  I've been working in Revit professionally since 2012.  Never had this before.  I work for a face paced builder who develops subdivisions.  This is becoming more inconvenient.  The journal files have all the proof but I cannot get them to fully perform.

Please help.

Message 4 of 8
LoganAC34

I've had this issue recently as well. I was working on a file that I had been working on for the past week. I kept it open all week, and today I saved and went to lunch only to come back to a previous version of the file from a few days ago. I never closed the file and only about 30min had past. Currently the best I could do was look at a previous version of the file (not even the latest previous version which was 12:30, but one from yesterday at 5). Super weird and has to be a Revit issue, because I have never anything like this happen with anything else and neither has anyone in my office. 

Message 5 of 8
RobDraw
in reply to: LoganAC34

@LoganAC34 wrote:

Super weird and has to be a Revit issue, because I have never anything like this happen with anything else and neither has anyone in my office. 

Yeah, pretty sure that doesn't make it a Revit issue. Especially since not many people are experiencing this. It could be a network issue also.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 6 of 8
LoganAC34
in reply to: RobDraw

I'm not saying you are wrong since this is purely anecdotal, but this has only ever happened to me in Revit and I've seen other people saying the same thing happened to them in Revit. I also don't see how a network issue could cause this when I never closed the file. It could just be a super rare bug. 

Message 7 of 8
cmann

Did anyone ever figure this out? We have 2 users this has happened to multiple times.

Message 8 of 8
RobDraw

Not sure if there is a solution in Revit. There are certain steps that need to be performed in order to roll back a model to a previous version. It simply doesn't happen by closing and opening unless the last save wasn't successful and the user missed the warnings before the program fully closes. 

If it is repeatable, make note of file information of the successful save and the file at time of opening. If possible, save copies of each version for examination. 

Also, sharing details like if it is a workshared project or a single user one and anything else that might help understand the working environment would be helpful. 

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report