Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit DPI / Graphics / Snapping Issue. Snapping is too precise, and the selection box for any elements seem fuzzy or pixelated.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
s248ahme
383 Views, 4 Replies

Revit DPI / Graphics / Snapping Issue. Snapping is too precise, and the selection box for any elements seem fuzzy or pixelated.

I have been having this weird issue where the snapping in Revit 2022 is too precise, requiring me to keep zooming in quite a bit to be able to snap to the correct point. This is wasting a lot of time as it is requiring me to keep checking my drawings every time I draw a line or object to make sure if it is snapping to the right location. I noticed the "snap buffer area around the mouse pointer" is much less than it used to be which is requiring me to point EXACTLY or EXTREMELY NEAR a corner to be able to snap properly. It is difficult to show what I mean but I tried my best to capture it in the attached clip. Clip 1 shows the issue and Clip 2 shows what its supposed to look like. 

I also noticed that all the selection boxes when elements are highlighted are appearing fuzzy. I am wondering if it is a windows graphics / DPI issue or a native Revit issue. Attached image shows what the issue is, and what its supposed to look like. 

Note: I had this issue previously and a simple restarting of windows solved this issue. However, it seems like that method is not working anymore. 

Any thoughts on how to fix this? 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: s248ahme

No such issue here.  How far is you model from the Internal Origin?

Message 3 of 5
s248ahme
in reply to: ToanDN

The model is near the Origin. I had the same issue before with this exact same Revit file and I simply resolved the issue by restarting the application and windows. But this time, that method is not working anymore.
Message 4 of 5
ToanDN

@s248ahme wrote:
The model is near the Origin. I had the same issue before with this exact same Revit file and I simply resolved the issue by restarting the application and windows. But this time, that method is not working anymore.

Share the file.

Message 5 of 5
barthbradley

Maybe closing one eye will help you aim better?  😉

Kidding.  Seriously though, that did cross my mind when watching the first mp4.  he. he. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators