Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit cannot find default servers for the external services

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1164 Views, 4 Replies

Revit cannot find default servers for the external services

-Running Revit 17 as a admin

20171017_0315

Keep getting this error involving Duct Fitting/ Accessory Pressure Drop Calculators by vendor ADSK, Pipe Fitting Calcs, Duct Pressure Calcs, Pipe Pressure Drop Calcs, and Plumbing Flow Calc. whenever I open Revit.

Error seems minors but when I open a shared central file, it gives me notice to replace the calculators. If i keep going, it gives me a Missing Add-Ins Error and it affects my ability to use Keynotes weirdly.

I've done a full reinstall but no luck.

Any advice?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Remove all your add-ins to another folder and start Revit and see if you still get the error.  Then shutdown Revit and add your add-ins one at a time starting/closing Revit in between to see if it is an add-in error.

Or did you already try installing an add-in that may not be available anymore?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

even after removing all my add-ins, it still gives me the error..

Message 4 of 5
RobDraw

@Anonymous wrote:

-Running Revit 17 as a admin

20171017_0315

Keep getting this error involving Duct Fitting/ Accessory Pressure Drop Calculators by vendor ADSK, Pipe Fitting Calcs, Duct Pressure Calcs, Pipe Pressure Drop Calcs, and Plumbing Flow Calc. whenever I open Revit.

Error seems minors

This is far from minor. Actually, I would be very concerned about it and make it a priority to get it fixed ASAP. I wouldn't even continue modeling.

Did you follow the directions provided by Autodesk for completely uninstalling Revit?

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2019/ENU/Revit-Installation/files/GUID-2DC7BE05-FE32-4E49-BA43-6EED211DC6B1-htm.html

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 5 of 5
BHamlet

This problem still persists with the newest versions of Revit.

I think I have found the cause of the problem, so we can avoid it. It is not as good as a solution, but with diligence, avoiding the problem will save countless hours of uninstall / reinstall.

I believe the problem occurs when a newly installed version of Revit is upgraded without having first being run on the machine. That first run must set some paths on the users specific computer that the initial installation either did not or could not.

How to avoid the problem:

When you have a new install of Revit, make sure you open the program after install before you upgrade with the desktop application, even if there are no upgrades available. If the user doesn't open it before upgrades come out, this error will occur. Just open to the home screen and then close.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators