Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit and Traditional and classical architecture

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mikeK4LWB
295 Views, 4 Replies

Revit and Traditional and classical architecture

Does anyone know of a video/tutorial that can show me how to model Traditional and Classical projects? I am trying to learn Revit, and all tutorial videos use simple styles with flat roofs and no cornice detailing. My firm specializes in classical architecture and traditional detailing.

Can someone direct me to something? I prefer a video since I can see how it is done versus reading about it!

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: mikeK4LWB

So you want to learn Revit by jumping into advanced modeling methods and techniques and skipping over beginner and intermediate modeling?    

Message 3 of 5
HVAC-Novice

Look up " Balkan Architect" on YT. He does a lot of mainstream, but also unusual things. 

This book should help you with basics.

Obviously after trying and getting stuck, you can ask specific questions here. Best to show a picture of what specifically you need to do. 

Revit version: R2024.2.1
Message 4 of 5
SteveKStafford

For classical architecture concepts check out Paul Aubin's book too, Renaissance Revit.

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056
Message 5 of 5
mikeK4LWB
in reply to: barthbradley

No!

I have been using Revit for some time now, but my exterior elevations look really bad without having the level of detail I desire. I also use AutoCAD Architecture and have used this software more than Revit because I can draw the level of detail I want in my exterior elevations.

A good question to you would be how to have your exterior elevations reflect exposed rafter tails and other such detail? Obviously, this can be done, but I have not found any tutorial that walks you through this. Most of the tutorials use a roof that only has a thickness at the fascia and nothing else; in real life, the fascia will have additional shapes that will appear as line in the elevation drawings!

I find I learn better by watching something being done rather than reading about it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators