Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit and Round Formulas producing errors

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
lee.imbimbo86EM4
726 Views, 8 Replies

Revit and Round Formulas producing errors

I'm having an issue in a Revit family I'm working on.  It's a basic Air Terminal, but I was hoping to get the a formula that would set the duct size, depending on the grill selected.  For example, if the neck of the Air Terminal has a neck that is 7-5/8"sq, that it would roundup and default to giving me an 8" duct.

I've tried using the following parameters:

NeckWidth = 7-5/8"

DuctWidth = roundup(NeckWidth, 1) [ideally the formula would deliver an answer of 8"]

This delivers an error of inconsistent units.

I've looked around and haven't had any luck finding a post where a similar issue has been resolved.  So I'm reaching out here to see if one of you can find my error.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
L.Maas
in reply to: lee.imbimbo86EM4

Something like this

LMaas_0-1663690274285.png

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 9

roundup(NeckWidth / 1') * 1'

Message 4 of 9
lee.imbimbo86EM4
in reply to: L.Maas

That worked. Thank you. Just out of curiosity, the syntax for Revit's round formulas doesn't seem to follow the same as a standard spreadsheet. In excel I'm used to the formula doing the following: roundup(7.625,1)=7.7, or roundup(7.625,0)=8. But Revit doesn't seem to have the function setup to change the level of rounding.

Also, again thankyou, I didn't realize that Revit in effect needed the inches converted into a purer number format. I guess I figured that it would be smart enough in the background to convert 7-5/8" to 7.625 and go from there.
Message 5 of 9

You just need to convert from inches back to inches...

spage_0-1663690641845.png

Message 6 of 9

Wow, I guess posting takes a minute today.. 🤣

Message 7 of 9
Message 8 of 9
L.Maas
in reply to: lee.imbimbo86EM4

Revit has three different rounding functions Round, Roundup and Rounddown.

But no it does not have the level rounding. Just multiply by 0.01, 0.1,  10, 100 etc, then round and then divide again to get similar results

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 9 of 9

round duct area with formula revit familay with schedule

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report