Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2023 for MacOS

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
andreaymonod
12116 Views, 10 Replies

Revit 2023 for MacOS

With the release of the new MacBook Pro with M1 Pro and M1 Max CPUs, Apple has revolutionised the computer industry (once again), putting Intel and Nvidia (in my opinion) in a much more difficult position. The performance of the new MacBook Pro is impressive if compared to Windows PCs with dedicated graphics cards. I hope 2022 will be the year of revolution at Autodesk as well, it's time to make Revit for Mac. Hope to see Revit 2023 for MacOS!!!

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
RobDraw
in reply to: andreaymonod

You should write a blog about that instead of posting it to a user help forum.

Good luck!

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 3 of 11

You could use Parallels  or VMFusion with the ARM version of windows.

this work with the M1 and M1 Pro CPU's. And use Unified Memory whatever that is?

In my day it was called Random Access Memory. Still not clear what has been unified.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

nope not going to happen

Message 5 of 11
RDAOU

@andreaymonod 

Heard rumors in 2030 Vision  😆

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 6 of 11
HVAC-Novice

Does the "Mute" function of the forum actually work? After muting these posts still show up in my feed.  For other forums there is a "block" function and it literally doesn't show the posts of blocked person.

Is there a way to actually hide those posts? 

enkus_0-1635174068633.png

Revit version: R2025.2
Message 7 of 11
syman2000

Work around solution exist. So don't discount them if you want shinny to work because you fall for Apple propaganda trap. I remember the hype iPod had when I was finishing school. You have no idea how stuck up some of these people are buying into apple trap while they have no idea there are alternative ways to play the music without trap into their ecosystem. For longest time Apple have made a cult out of people and many don't even know it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGT85DY03xg

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 8 of 11

As I understand, the unified memory is a new kind of RAM developed specifically for the M1 chips. It seems to be plugged directly to the chip, making read/write operations faster. There's a 16 Gb limit, though, apparently inherent to the chip's arquitecture. Apple's claim is that this kind of system can outperform an equivalent PC with more RAM. I have not seen independant tests yet, so I can't assure that.

Greetings!

Hernan.

Message 9 of 11
Yien_Chao

Revit 2023 is already out.

Request for mac os version is pending since 2009.

Message 10 of 11
RobDraw
in reply to: Yien_Chao

Your request belongs in Product Feedback and/or the IDEAS forums. Those kinds of things usually don't go anywhere from here.

BTW, just because it's requested, doesn't mean it will be implemented. 

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 11 of 11
khodges2

You don't need an especially fast machine for this. Any modern computer will run it. It's a matter of if they see it profitable to port it over to MAC OS.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report