Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Revit 2022 - Graphics issues with Intel Iris Xe Graphics

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
tobias.henningL7AGA
5619 Views, 21 Replies

Revit 2022 - Graphics issues with Intel Iris Xe Graphics

I'm using the current Intel i5-1135G7 with the integrated Intel Iris Xe GPU for Revit 2022. Their seems to be some graphical issues for instance when hovering over objects they get highlighted but everything gets higlighted until I zoom or shift the angle. Also when moving an object this happens:

tobiashenningL7AGA_0-1635519592351.png

I have already tried different drivers for the graphics card. Disabeling the hardware enhancement option is not an option for bigger projects. Is there a solution to this or can this be fixed somehow?

21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22

Message 3 of 22

Thank you very much, but this did not solve the problem unfortunately. So what would you suggest? Do I need a new PC although I bought this one a few month ago?

Message 4 of 22

Message 5 of 22

Yes I tried that, but it didn't help unfortunately.

Message 6 of 22

Maybe the card itself isn't up to its tasks.

ToanDN_0-1635542848891.png

Message 7 of 22

I doubt that actually. Of course those cards are much better, but also not affordable for me as a student. Two collegues of mine also work on notebooks with the following graphic cards and even medium to bigger sized projects run just fine.

tobiashenningL7AGA_0-1635544880096.png

My guess is that that revit is not jet optimised for this graphics card. I think I have no choice and need to look for a different computer. Thank you anyways for your help.

Message 8 of 22

Have you updated the card's driver?

Message 9 of 22

Yes, I updated manually to the newest driver available and after that didn't work I even tried some older versions.

Message 10 of 22

Why are you assuming the issue is related to the Graphics Card?  

Message 11 of 22

I'm not quite sure, but when turning off the hardware acceleration there arene't these graphical issues. However this is not an option as stated before.

Message 12 of 22

post the file you are showing in your screenshot.  

Message 13 of 22

OK. But the problem is not just in this project.

Message 14 of 22

Message 15 of 22

Yeah, I've seen this happen before with toolbars. The issue was with Windows. Try updating Windows or rolling-back last update.  

Message 16 of 22

Good tip. I'm on the latest updated of Windows 11 right now. Maybe Revit is not yet optimised for that. I'll try converting back to Windows 10.

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
in reply to: tobias.henningL7AGA

you should have said that from the beginning 

Autodesk has not said any of their software is compatible with Windows 11

look at system requirements next time

Message 18 of 22

No that was not the problem. I freshly installed Windows 10 again and that didn't resolve anything.

Message 19 of 22

I finally found the solution for the problem. It had something to do with the anti-aliasing option.

I switched in the graphics option to "Use for all views". It also works if I turn off "Smooth lines with anti-aliasing" completely.

Thanks for your help, again!

Message 20 of 22

Thank you for posting your solution. Worked for me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report