Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2021 Phasing Lockdown

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
LRAndrews
504 Views, 4 Replies

Revit 2021 Phasing Lockdown

Ok, I'm feeling a bit silly here, so forgive the dumb question... I downloaded Revit 2021 a few weeks ago and haven't done much with it until today.  However, today I created a new project using the "out of the box" Architectural template (shame on me for not going to my own templates - it was supposed to be an easy 1-day project).  No issues initially until I tried to change the Phase and Phase Filter settings for the floor plan I was working on.  I have noticed the Phasing is set to defaults within the program (totally expected) but I can't get them to change with the dropdowns like I used to with older versions.  Is anyone else having that problem?  I've also noticed that most of the dropdowns now show up in the middle of my screen instead of right at the arrow I have clicked on as you would expect it to...???  I have installed all available updates and hotfixes for all of my Autodesk software and restarted my computer but that did not change the issues.  Any suggestions?  It's acting as if the phasing is locked down by the program itself based on the view I have open where I have always been able to change that at will in previous versions.  I did go through the "Phases" section in the Manage tab and everything I expected to see by default is there, so I'm not sure why those options don't populate using the dropdown in the Properties explorer like they have in the past.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: LRAndrews

Your description is odd. Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing?    

...maybe you have a View Template assigned to and controlling the View/Phases

Message 3 of 5
LRAndrews
in reply to: barthbradley

The whole issue is odd to be honest.  I've been using Revit for 7 years and have never had this issue before with any other version.  I did check the view templates to make sure they were set to "none" and they are, so I know it isn't a template driven lockdown.  (See screen shots below)  Everything populates in the Manage tab exactly as I expected it to, but the dropdowns do not populate when I try to change the phasing in the Properties Explorer.

Default Project Phases.jpg

Default Project Phase Filters.jpg

Phasing Dropdowns Don't Populate.jpg

Phasing Dropdowns Don't Populate2.jpg

    

Message 4 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: LRAndrews

Couple of ideas...

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Revit-drop-down-menus-ar...

The Template you are using -- what is it?  Could be settings that are defined in - and "locked" by - the RTE.

...I'll keep scratching my head here for you. Maybe I'll get more than dandruf. he, he. 

HEY! Post the file. Let see if it behaves the same way on my end.  

Message 5 of 5
LRAndrews
in reply to: barthbradley

YES!!  Thank you so much @barthbradley!!!  Changing the display to 125% brought everything back to what I was expecting it to be.  Looks like it's probably a Windows 10 issue - I got a new computer the same week I installed the 2021 program versions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report