Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2019 Material Library - not loaded, and can't load

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
JP-HNA
412 Views, 1 Reply

Revit 2019 Material Library - not loaded, and can't load

I know there are similar issues posted on the forum, but my challenge is different.  I am working in Revit 2019, but the file I am working on is a very old file (2009) that I opened and upgraded.  When I attempt to edit a material, the material browser opens and there are many materials there.  But below in the box showing the material files, ("*Favorites" and "AEC Materials"), they are empty, and there is a warning sign behind both of them (Yellow triangle with exclamation point in it).  When I hover over a library, it says, "Failed to load library at C:/..."  When I right click on the AEC Materials library, a drop down menu opens, and I click on "Locate Library", navigate to where it is located, and attempt to reinstall it, I get a message that says, "Located File Is Already In Use By Another Library.  Please select another file.   

Also, in the Project Materials window, in the lower left corner of the image of each material, there is an orange warning sign, that when I hover over it, says, "For improved rendering, replace the current appearance asset in this material with a newer version."

In my search for answers on the forums, it appears that there have been other challenges with the materials library.  And this is one aspect of Revit that has always challenged me.  Is there a good overall tutorial that walks through all the aspects of Materials?  I swear, every project seems to have a different library... some have materials that are organized by the Masterspec format, and some don't.  What is the best practice for material libraries?  Should I have a custom one, just like I do with families?  

Thanks in advance for any help...

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
georgehobel
in reply to: JP-HNA

James I'm with you... I've been using Revit now for a year and a half and they haven't sent me a library card yet.  Early on, I had the hardest time figuring out where the library even was. I've been distracted several times and wound up at the duncan donut shop instead......  Although I'm not dealing with upgrading an older model, I still find that the material libraries can seem like a "hidden" feature...

George Hobel
Reflections of Charlotte
Residential Building and Design

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators