Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

revit 2016 extension not available?

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
mzmzamarripa
1479 Views, 15 Replies

revit 2016 extension not available?

HI, after multiple searches, i have not found the 2016 extension installation, specifically the (wood framing) . Some have replied the were able to download, but did not give the path to access it.  I have never seen(and many more people express the same) something so simple to do, be so extremely complicated to download, update...a maze of blogs,sites and links... and no to the point how to download this extension 2016.

in my app exchange profile i have 2014,2015 extension available to download but no 2016?

in my profile, in the management tab (product updates) nothing either?

i have revit 2016 student version

Help, tx

True happiness comes from the joy of deeds well done, the zest of creating things new.
Antoine de Saint- Exupery
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
jeffrey.sin
in reply to: mzmzamarripa

Hi @mzmzamarripa,

Welcome to the Community. 

You should be able to download the Revit 2016 extension from your Autodesk Account. Kindly refer to this article on Downloading Updates, Add-ons and Enhancements for more information. 

Let us know how it goes. Thank you. 

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support
Message 3 of 16
mzmzamarripa
in reply to: jeffrey.sin

Hi Jeffrey, tx for the reply, like i said i went to my autodesk account many times.......i do not see any extension downloads for rev2016?

Why not give me a direct link to this?

Seems i am not the only one frustrated to find this? i real maze to find a simple update.

many thanks, miguel

True happiness comes from the joy of deeds well done, the zest of creating things new.
Message 4 of 16
ennujozlagam

@mzmzamarripahello, i pm you please check. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 5 of 16
ennujozlagam

@mzmzamarripa hello, please check your email. let me know if there is any problem? hope it helps. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 6 of 16
mzmzamarripa
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Your a Jedi!

Tx for the quick response and solution...download success:)

Now i have to woodshed this new extention

peace.

Message 7 of 16
ennujozlagam

@mzmzamarripa hello, no worries, glad to help. thanks

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Like the original poster of this thread, I have Revit 2016 student version too, and I would like to install the wood framing add-on. Could you help me to do this as well?

Message 9 of 16
ennujozlagam
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous hello, pm me your email add and i wll send you the link. thanks

Message 10 of 16
ennujozlagam
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous hello, please check your email. please let me know if there is any problem you encounter. hope it helps. thanks

Message 11 of 16
RDAOU

@mzmzamarripa @Anonymous and any Student Educator who comes accross this post...

Although subscription apps/addins were made available for free to Students as of February 2016 (As per Auotdesk Statement on their App Store Website and Educational Community);however, REX 2016 was only made available through an update downloadable through Account Management or Autodesk Desktop App (Subscribers Only)

adsk free.PNG

Students & Educators do not (unfortunately) have access to the Product Enhancements tab so this one will not Show... The direct link to download Revit 2016 Extensions can be found below

http://download.autodesk.com/SWDLDDLM/Updates/RXE/REX_2016_Win_64bit_dlm.sfx.exe

If using Internet Explorer you might need to rename/save-as the file REX_2016_Win_64bit_dlm.sfx.exe instead of REX_2016_Win_64bit_dlm.sfx.1147634 (works fine using Mozilla Firefox or Safari)

PS: @ennujozlagam you can just post the link here 🙂 it is all over AUGI/AEC/Revit and CAD Forums lol ... well unless you are planning to send an individual email to every thread visitor

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 12 of 16
ennujozlagam
in reply to: RDAOU

@RDAOUhello, My idol sorry, I cannot post the link here because I only stored the file in my Dropbox after I send the link I gave them 2 days to download. And delete afterwards. I used my Dropbox more open so I don't stored it for long. Thanks

Message 13 of 16
mzmzamarripa

thank you
Message 14 of 16
mzmzamarripa
in reply to: RDAOU

thank you, may i suggest that you describe that in the link, that will install the extension? I tried to install but to no avail. Revit keeps giving me the same message "install wrapper has stopped working". A member told me to re-install, but i am not in the mood for this. Revit works perfectly well, until i try to update?
Message 15 of 16
RDAOU

@mzmzamarripa First check the REVIT build number which you have... If you are using 2016 student version, you most probably do not have all the necessary updates... You have R2 installed? HERE 

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 16 of 16
Anonymous

Have you been able to install Wood Framing for Revit yet?

I am having difficulty myself.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report