Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revision schedule inserting blank rows

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
rosader
800 Views, 13 Replies

Revision schedule inserting blank rows

My revision schedule (built into the titleblock) is giving me some issues. I noticed all of the revisions will show the current rev # in the titleblock as expected but in the schedule, some revisions will show up as a blank row.

What I have observed while trying to figure it out is that it most likely has something to do with the revision sequence number. As long as the revision has a single digit sequence number, it displays in the schedule just fine. When the sequence number is 10 or above, it inserts a blank row into the schedule.

Why would double digit revision sequence cause this issue?

BTW the revision sequence is a hidden field

Labels (1)
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
barthbradley
in reply to: rosader

Why don't you edit the Titleblock and resize the column in the Revision Schedule?  

Resize Revision Schedule.png

...at least that's how I'm reading your issue. The text is wrapping and you don't want it to wrap.    

Message 3 of 14
ToanDN

Can you show a screenshot of the revision schedule settings in the TB family and how it appears on sheet in a project?

Message 4 of 14
rosader
in reply to: barthbradley

That was my first thought as well. The revision sequence number is a hidden field but I did try unhiding and resizing the column to see if that fixed it but it didn't.

Message 5 of 14
rosader
in reply to: ToanDN

rev sched.PNGrev num.PNGsort group.PNGrev seq.PNG

Message 6 of 14
rosader

It's possible it has nothing to do with single vs double digit but in looking at everything, my revision 4 and 5 are sequence number 18 and 21.

I tried removing sequence 18 and 21 and replaced w/ sequence 7 and 8 and then it displayed revision 4 and 5 just fine

Message 7 of 14
ToanDN

Is the No. column referencing Revision Number or Sequence?  They are different things and I think you should sort the schedule by Sequence, not Number.  

Message 8 of 14
M-Alam

un-check the box for Blank row before data under appearances.

MAlam_0-1660846414294.png

Message 9 of 14
rosader

OK so I just noticed the NO. field has a formula. 

if(Revision Sequence < 11, Revision Number, "") 

This titleblock template was not created by me so I didn't know how everything was setup but I this is probably the culprit 

Message 10 of 14
ToanDN

@rosader wrote:

OK so I just noticed the NO. field has a formula. 

This titleblock template was not created by me so I didn't know how everything was setup but I this is probably the culprit 

Yes it certainly is.  

Message 11 of 14
rosader

Thank you all for leading me down the right path. It's been frustrating the daylights out of me all day and it this whole time it was a simple formula messing it up.

Message 12 of 14
barthbradley

What was the formula?  

Message 13 of 14
rosader
in reply to: barthbradley

It was basically limiting number of sequences to 11. I just set it to a much higher number and all my revisions appeared in the schedule.

Message 14 of 14
ToanDN

@rosader wrote:

It was basically limiting number of sequences to 11. I just set it to a much higher number and all my revisions appeared in the schedule.

I don't understand the need for this formula.  You can limit the number of revisions shown in the schedule easily, and shouldn't the newest ones be showing instead of hiding?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report