Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reverse Print Order - Revit 2023

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
David_Knight
1030 Views, 22 Replies

Reverse Print Order - Revit 2023

Anyone else finding the "Reverse Print Order" button no longer is functioning correctly? 

We upgraded to Revit 2023 and now that button doesn't seem to do anything. I understand the print order can be manually set in 2023, but that shouldn't break that button.  When we make a combined PDF we print it in the normal order.  But our kip printer outputs sheets stacked face up, so we need to print in reverse order so the sheets come out in the correct order.

Anyway we're stumped as to why this button no longer seems to work.  

We've tested it on multiple machines, in multiple projects, using both Browser organization and Sheet number organization for the print order and can't see any different results.

22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
barthbradley
in reply to: David_Knight

Seems to work fine here - for whatever that's worth.  

Following...

Message 3 of 23
David_Knight

Hm. So weird.  Revit 2023?  This wasn't happening previously in 2020, 2021, or 2022...

Maybe I'll reinstall one of the machines and see if it fixes that one.

Message 4 of 23
barthbradley

Yep. 2023. It's not something we regularly do here though. I just ran a quick test for you. Hardly definitive.  Maybe you have discovered a "bug", so I'm keeping my eye on this thread.   

Message 5 of 23
ToanDN

Reverse print order doesn't work in my 2023 either.  I have never used it before though, always print/export to PDF.

Message 6 of 23
barthbradley
in reply to: ToanDN

Got a workflow I can follow to replicate?  

Message 7 of 23
David_Knight

Give me a few, I'll see if I can create a video of this or something.

Message 8 of 23
David_Knight

Ok.  This is probably the best I can do.  Didn't send them to an actual printer, but I sent it to acrobat PDF writer as individual sheets.  Same result.  In this video, you'll see Revit in the top center.  On the bottom right is my PDF Printer Queue.  You'll see the order they are added to the queue.  Then you will see the order that they are printed (Matches the order they are added to the queue).  That is on the folder on the bottom left.   Video still processing for 4k if its fuzzy.

*edit* 

Also for what it's worth, if I check "Combine multiple sheets into a single PDF" it puts it in the numerical order.  It ignores the reverse checkbox button in that instance as well.

[video]

Message 9 of 23
David_Knight

So my bad.  Set the video to private instead of unlisted.   Fixed that.  Should work for anyone now.

Message 10 of 23
ToanDN
in reply to: barthbradley

@barthbradley wrote:

- Print or CTRL+P

- select a print list of more than one sheet or one view

- select a PDF printer

- choose combine...

- tick Reverse print order box

- OK

Message 11 of 23
barthbradley
in reply to: ToanDN

@ToanDN wrote:

@barthbradley wrote:

- Print or CTRL+P

- select a print list of more than one sheet or one view

- select a PDF printer

- choose combine...

- tick Reverse print order box

- OK

Yep, that was my workflow too. So, I guess the plot thickens. Why the heck did it work for me and not you?  I'm not that special - so I've been told. he, he.   

Message 12 of 23
David_Knight

I'm running:

20220503_1030(x64)

@barthbradley are you on a different version perhaps?

using a 4k monitor w/ DPI scaling of 150% as well.

Message 13 of 23
barthbradley

Okay Dave, I retested six ways from Sunday this time. Even crashed a couple times doing so. Arrgh!  I can now say, definitely, that it's broke - or, at least, it's not working like prior versions did.  

P.S. Have no idea what I did this morning to get the reverse-order to work.  Probably a loose nut behind the keyboard.  

Message 14 of 23
barthbradley

Oh, I forget to add that I am able to manually change the printing order.  You probably already figured that one out though. 

FWIW. 

Message 15 of 23
David_Knight

Hm... Guess I need to post this in the bug report section eh?

I'll have to find some time between fires this morning.

Message 16 of 23
David_Knight

@barthbradley @ToanDN 

Where exactly do I post bug reports?  I can't seem to find the right place.  

Thanks!

Message 17 of 23
barthbradley

Open a Support Case through your Account Portal

...let us know what they say. 

Message 18 of 23
David_Knight

Got it.  Thanks!

Message 19 of 23
barthbradley

I'm betting they tell you that "Edit Print Order" makes "Reverse Print Order" defunct.   

Message 20 of 23
David_Knight
in reply to: barthbradley

Maybe.  If that's the case, I'd like to know how to disable the print order setting.  I don't need to manually set it.  I assume that since they left the reverse print button in the dialog that it was intended to continue to work.  It's not a windows print dialog, it's Autodesk's.  If the intent was to nullify the button, they should have removed it from the print dialog completely.

Either way I have a case number now, and we'll see what they say!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report