Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ramps Phasing

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
954 Views, 10 Replies

Ramps Phasing

I am using Revit Residental Template for the sheeting and shoring of a future building.

I have incorporated the solider beams, tiebacks, and grade. Attached is a screen shot.

The outstanding item is showing the different steps to excavate the dirt.

How do incoporate 3 different phases of the site? See attached.

Phase 1 is from grade to 10 feet below grade.

Phase 2 starts 10 feet below grade. Then at the end, the site will be at a slope from 30 feet below grade to 10 feet below.

Phase 3 starts as Phase 2. but the ramp is flipped to the other side of the site. This is to get the complete site 30 feet below grade.

Thank you!

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

When I submitted this, there was an error. So I resubmitted and now there is two post! Sorry for the confusion. Cannot figure out how to delete it.

Message 3 of 11
RDAOU

@Anonymous

The subject of the OP refers to Phasing but the description that came after somewhat makes me look towards Scheduling and Sequencing. So before elaborating I have to ask; how are you modeling the site excavation in Revit?

1. If you are using the graded surface tool?
  2. Are you creating surfaces from imports?
  3. Or are you wroking with masses?

I am assuming that what you are thinking of is to have first surface as existing, second surface graded/cut to level X and a thrid surface graded to cut one side and fill the other

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

I used the Site & Massing to create the grades... existing and proposed.
I created that using an import of a Civil drawing.

Your assumption is correct.
Message 5 of 11
RDAOU

@Anonymous

Ok thats basic cut fill...I would see it as follows

1. Phase 1 - Existing Site as taken over
    • Created: Phase 1 - Demolished: none (to change to demolished: phase 2 once u grade it)
  2. Phase 2 - Grading Part 1 (as shown in ur image) -
    • generated by grading the Site from Phase 1 - ie will demolish existing site from phase 1 and add new one "Graded Part 1" in phase 2
    • => Created: Phase 2   - Demolished: None (to change to demolished: phase 3 once u grade it as per Grading part 2 which flips your ramp)
  3. Phase 3 - Grading Part 2
    • generated by grading the Site from Phase 2 - ie: it demolish the Graded Part 1 site from phase 2 and add a new one "Graded Part  2" in phase 3
    • => Created: Phase 3   - Demolished: None (to change to demolished: phase 4 once u grade it (exactly identical - required to report final fill))
  4. Phase 4 - Handover of complete phases above.. An additional phase added to get the Fill from above grading part 2.
    • generated by grading the Site from Phase 3 - ie: it demolish the Graded Part 2 site from phase 3 and add a new one "Final" in phase 4 exactly identical to Graded Part 2
    • => Created: Phase 4   - Demolished: None

I think this is what you are aiming for. (well it is the easiest)...see screencast

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: RDAOU

@RDAOU

So I am looking into this. I plan to use building pads to get the depths I need. Is that okay?

Did you link the floor plan to the 3D? Somehow?

I do not understand the purpse of having the floor plan for each phase.

Message 7 of 11
RDAOU

@Anonymous

Building pads are fine but they don't do the work of grading...grading is something and building pads are another (at least for me) although they both can do cut and fill if this is what you are aiming at?  

Building pads for instance are also phase-able; but I would rarely use them unless they are there to stay and not to be demolished (if demolished; you get your fill back; moreover, it is not really a good practice...You do the sheet/pile wall, excavate and grade then comes a pad Phase is over...

If you are an excavation/infra contractor I would understand (maybe sometimes but not always) phasing the excavation the way you did; it is doable but for me I consider it as construction sequencing. I would rather keep the Revit phasing where it is and do the sequencing and scheduling in P6. To an extent, Phasing in Revit is related to time and schedule but it is not the scheduling/sequencing itself.

I am not sure what kind of example I can give to make it clearer...

The purpose of having 4 views 1 for each phase is just how I work with phasing...give a wider perspective and clearer picture; besides it helps one not to lose track of what came where and which went where...I also have the same for the

1. Ceiling views
  2. Elevation views
  3. 3D section boxes

and project browser does get sorted by phase too...Switching phases and phase filters in the properties palette every time you want to check something can get messy, confusing and can cause errors and mistakes on 400mil Euro project ...even on a small project (it's tidy)  Clients are fond of phases lol and when a request is issued so many time the contractor's rep ends up gazing at the screen

"wait it's here"...pause..."oh! no it's there"...pause... "ok wait...give me a sec I'll find it and bring it to your office"

If I would have gotten half a cent everytime I heard that...I would have been retired 10 years ago

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: RDAOU

@RDAOU

One last thing.

How do I make a ramp (using the Ramp button) by sketching the path? 

This will be per thw drawings.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

I'm thinking I need to create a new Family.

One where I'll have a top elevation, bottom elevation, length, and angle.

Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

Never mind. I will just do each ramp separately.

Thanks.

Message 11 of 11
RDAOU

If that is the solution which works for you, all I can say is "You are the Boss" 🙂

If I could help you with anything else please do not hesitate to ask

Cheers and good luck

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report