Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Railing Profile from different angle possible?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
jakob_hansson
267 Views, 8 Replies

Railing Profile from different angle possible?

I would like to modell a railing profile as the panel inside the red box in my picture. I can't find any way around to model my profile as the picture below, becaouse the railing profile template only allows me to sketch in 2D. Is it  possible to modell something like this or are there any solutions, or a different template to use? It must work with the Railing feauture.

till autodesk familj fråga.png

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Simply add a sweep with the desired profile around the perforated panel in the baluster/panel family. The path is the edge of the panel.

Sidenote: be aware that this type of railing will slow down your project. To avoid that, you can use a solid panel with a material that looks like it is perforated.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 9
ToanDN
in reply to: jakob_hansson

Model it as a baluster panel family.

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 9
jakob_hansson
in reply to: ToanDN

I would like to have it flowing like a rail, that's why i think i need to have it as a profile. If i make it as an baluster panel it will only be created in one desireble lenght that must be used in a cc pattern? I want it this way becaouse regardles the outcome in corners, angles etc there will be no collides or empty spaces.
Message 5 of 9

I would like to have it flowing like a rail, that's why i think i need to have it as a profile. If i make it as an baluster panel it will only be created in one desireble lenght that must be used in a cc pattern? I want it this way becaouse regardles the outcome in corners, angles etc there will never have any collides or empty spaces.

to alfredo.png

 i have done it before in a similar railing. But in this one i got by only using 2D view.

to alfredo 2.png

Message 6 of 9

That needs to be part of the panel/baluster family. If you need a different size, you create a different type. Make the length of the panel a type parameter, so that you can duplicate the type and create as many variations as needed.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Message 7 of 9

This Railing will be for BIMOBJECT and have to work for unlimited different scenarios when it comes to lengths and angles. The solution doesnt need to be super fancy, i just need it work properly.

Message 8 of 9

That is not a realistic goal. No Revit railing works for "unlimited different scenarios". Just provide a baluster family with a type parameter. The user will have to deal with configuring a railing and duplicating types as needed.

Message 9 of 9

I see your point and i understand there is no way to cover it all. But in my earlier railings i have created the panel as a profile or railing and it works great for my purpose. The template for railing/Profile is limited to 2d view only. I can do the frame but not the hole pattern, is there any way to come around this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators